cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Demand Section Missing All Devices

I'm hoping someone can help, I have only recently subscribed to the monthly sports membership via NowTV which I believed entitled me to access the On Demand services and watch premier league football matches after they'd broadcasted live. Unfortunately, I don't seem to have the On Demand section across any of my devices (Android, Smart TV or PC). Has anyone else encountered or had this problem? All I seem to be able to find are live channels and highlights... The only options I have in the menus are Home, Movies, Entertainment, Sports, Kids, Hayu and My TV, none of them have an On Demand section when going into them.

I've seen solutions from other users who can see an On Demand section on one device, find what they are looking for, and then add the program to their watch list. But I'm not able to find an on demand section across any of my devices and I've no idea why. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• PC
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Here's a photo of a screen shot taken a couple of weeks ago after opening the NOW App on my Roku and then from the main screen clicking on the "View All Sports" tile box.

Then when the next screen page opens, click on the Football tile box showing Mo Salah, then from memory you are offered different Football on Demand Sports competitions and for example click on Premier League.

Android phones and tablets are slightly different where you need to select Sports from the drop down top left menu, then Discover.

20220809_181605.jpg

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

On most devices go to the tile box "view all Sports" or discover sports and click on it.

Then another page section should pop up with different on Demand Sports categories, scroll down to the different Sports such has Football  for example and click on it, then select Premier League for example and click on it.

One word of warning it looks like Premier League football on Demand this season so far is around 25 minutes of hit highlights, where last season PL on Demand was the full matches.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Here's a photo of a screen shot taken a couple of weeks ago after opening the NOW App on my Roku and then from the main screen clicking on the "View All Sports" tile box.

Then when the next screen page opens, click on the Football tile box showing Mo Salah, then from memory you are offered different Football on Demand Sports competitions and for example click on Premier League.

Android phones and tablets are slightly different where you need to select Sports from the drop down top left menu, then Discover.

20220809_181605.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @schnapps, I was able to find the highlights without any problems, I guess i was mistaken thinking that full matches would be available for replay (I'm pretty sure a lot of the NowTV advertising says you can watch full matches after the fact...) I guess I'll have to try and clear the diary and make sure I'm around for actual kick off going forward!

My thanks again.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Last season on NOW the Premier League games that was offered on Demand was full matches.

For some reason this season (so far), the Premier League games on Demand have only been highlights.

I don't know if it's an agreement in place with the Premier League or Sky watering down PL on Demand football on their sister company NOW or another reasoning behind it.

Perhaps drop NOW an email asking the question. 

Do you want their email address? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @schnapps, I went back and re-read the small print and it doesn't in fact mention anything about being able to rewatch full games now, it specifically says highlights:

"And you can now relive your favourite sporting moments or catch up on the ones you missed with over 1300 hours of on-demand sports content. Ranging from match highlights to documentaries, sports on demand is available on all our supported devices. Plus, you can download most on-demand content on mobile, too. "

Kind of a shame, especially if they used to offer the full games last season!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Forget to mention I did try asking the question on this linked thread below about PL full matches on Demand rather than highlights for this season.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Content-Issues-Missing-Episodes/Sports-On-Demand/m-p/586299