cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTv is awful.

Bloody awful streaming service. Signed up to it to watch a movie. Its bad enough you have to download a bloody application to watch something and then to have to click watch from the browser anyway? Whats the point? Just have it all accessible through one window, the app or the browser. Make your mind up.

Then to make things worse when I finally manage to watch the film, the screen overlay (with the pause, fast forward etc) kept popping up on its own. It's not an issue on my side of things because I was on a laptop so I wasn't touching my mouse. Also it was a pattern, it would happen every 30 seconds on the 22sec and 52 sec mark and last two seconds each time. Really ruins the movie experience seeing something pop up every thirty seconds for an hour and a half. Clearly they never tested the app before they released it since its such a blatantly obvious flaw.

Must be a record but I've cancelled my what would be subscription (thank god for the free trial and didnt give this ###### any money) after one film and guess what? They hide it under 'My passes' instead of somewhere under Payments which would be the more obvious place to put it. (Bit of a petty one I know, but its all piled up to annoy me) But thats a money grabbing attempt since when I did find the cancel button, I had to confirm it another 3 ###### times after because all I got was offers to keep me there. There is nothing I hate more than when I try to cancel a subscription for it to make me have to confirm it again, let alone 3 god damn times! I clicked cancel because I want to cancel. Who'd have thought it?

Nice try but I'll pass and will not recommend this crap to anyone else. Sorry for all the swearing but ###### christ this service must have spawned from satans ###### its that bad.

25 REPLIES 25
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Unless you want to watch on the desktop.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes. This is also my experience. Just signed up and spent all night watching little buffering coloured balls. Will be cancelling immediately. You have no right to sell such a crap service. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

What device were you trying to watch Now TV on? 

Personally I have never had an issue across all my devices over the years, they include; Roku express, Now TV smart box, Now TV stick, LG TV, Samsung TV, iPad. 

It also depends on your internet connection, hate to say it requires a stronger signal and faster speed than Netflix and Amazon. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The person that last posted must work for NowTV bc there’s no way they’ve used NowTV and not had repeated issues with this absurdly poor service. Repeated unexplainable issues with streaming. Not to mention it’s 2021 and there is still no way to watch on phone or tablet. Get it together Sky/NowTV or stop monopolizing the UK programming rights of some of the best TV shows available.  

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

One thing I can safely say is that I don’t work for Now TV. 
All I am is a customer like you, that being said I’ve never used my laptop to watch Now TV. 

Your also saying that Sky needs to stop monopolizing, that’s already happening thanks to Disney+, with the launch of Disney+ Star on the 23rd February. Then there is the very high chance of Paramount+ launching at some point.

Can also state that I very rarely use Now TV for my programmes. 
I have a VPN do already subscribe to US apps such as Hulu, CBS All Access (soon to be Paramount+) and Peacock TV.

In fact  on the verge of cancelling Now TV because Sky are just awful at picking up rights for shows that don’t relate to HBO.

So yes don’t you assume that I work for Sky because you have offended me.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep, Using the trial myself and have immediatly cancelled. Cannot find a single film worth watching that's in a decent quality. It is just unwatchable. Blurry as hell. 720p my a**. Should be standard at 1080p Paying an extra £3 for nothing is just outrageous on top of the already £11.99 standard price. Then all of the shows I've been wanting to watch adds an extra £10.99 or whatever all for those to be standard definition. What the actual F***. Will never be using this "service" ever again.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Hate to say and annoyingly for whatever reason Now TVs boost just doesn’t support the Player on laptops/PCs.

Hopefully it’s something they are working on, but we just don’t know.

Perhaps worth sending an email to customer service? 
Email is in the below picture 

2A2E9590-A9FA-4D9B-9A08-A11D4CC629B1.jpeg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's not what it says in the description or on their help page. So on top of crap quality. They are also lying to their customers. And i've just looked at their support page. Almost all devices don't support even 720p HD... We are paying for something that can only be used on very specific devices. It shouldn't even be a service. You can only watch HD content (720p HD to be specific) on very few devices such as their own NOWtv box, consoles, chromecast, LG TV's and weirdly windows 8. I've also tried watching a movie on my phone and weirdly the quality is better on phone than a pc that can run 4k, yet the screen size is tiny. Very hard to watch a film or show like that. I'm done with this service and will never use it again. I can find free movie websites with twice as good quality than this. 

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User 

Should be standard at 1080p Paying an extra £3 for nothing is just outrageous on top of the already £11.99 standard price. Then all of the shows I've been wanting to watch adds an extra £10.99

Netflix, Sky, BT and others charge charge extra for 1080p HD and you've stated the reason why they do that "an extra £3 for nothing" - many people still only have 720p devices and don't need 1080p. As for paying extra for the shows you want to watch, that's how NowTV works - passes for different types of content (movies, entertainment, sport & kids). All of that information is clearly available.

And i've just looked at their support page. Almost all devices don't support even 720p HD.

Can you link that page. NowTV don't stream anything in SD. The minimum stream quality on all devices is 720p.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device

You can only watch HD content (720p HD to be specific) on very few devices such as their own NOWtv box, consoles, chromecast, LG TV's and weirdly windows 8.

60+ devices (about the same number as Netflix and Prime Video) is hardly "very few" and NowTV is available on PC from Windows 8 upwards via the NowTV Player.

At the end of the day, you're on a free trial. It's cost you nothing.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do you activate the actual account. Trying to watch Westworld three but it says I need a pass, I go into my account and it says I have a free trial etc, I go in circles on the help bot