cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTv is awful.

Bloody awful streaming service. Signed up to it to watch a movie. Its bad enough you have to download a bloody application to watch something and then to have to click watch from the browser anyway? Whats the point? Just have it all accessible through one window, the app or the browser. Make your mind up.

Then to make things worse when I finally manage to watch the film, the screen overlay (with the pause, fast forward etc) kept popping up on its own. It's not an issue on my side of things because I was on a laptop so I wasn't touching my mouse. Also it was a pattern, it would happen every 30 seconds on the 22sec and 52 sec mark and last two seconds each time. Really ruins the movie experience seeing something pop up every thirty seconds for an hour and a half. Clearly they never tested the app before they released it since its such a blatantly obvious flaw.

Must be a record but I've cancelled my what would be subscription (thank god for the free trial and didnt give this ###### any money) after one film and guess what? They hide it under 'My passes' instead of somewhere under Payments which would be the more obvious place to put it. (Bit of a petty one I know, but its all piled up to annoy me) But thats a money grabbing attempt since when I did find the cancel button, I had to confirm it another 3 ###### times after because all I got was offers to keep me there. There is nothing I hate more than when I try to cancel a subscription for it to make me have to confirm it again, let alone 3 god damn times! I clicked cancel because I want to cancel. Who'd have thought it?

Nice try but I'll pass and will not recommend this crap to anyone else. Sorry for all the swearing but ###### christ this service must have spawned from satans ###### its that bad.

25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just because I liked the analogy and it got hashed out... to put it into more safe for work wording... NowTV's streaming service must have spawned from Satans bum hole it is that bad. Like, imagine satan had a crazy night out and drank lots and lots of beer. You know that first poo after a night out with your stomach feeling all groggy? It came from that.

P.S. I'm deadly serious, awful service, not even joking.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same issue. I have had passes before from Now tv but  this awfull tv player has ruined the experiance. The overlay does indeed keep popping up during the film every few mintes which is highly annoying.  I  have only just started  re using Now tv and i am about to cancel the Cinema pass. Its like amatuer hour compared to other subscription based providers.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I only came to the help forum looking for a solution... but im guessing sky are aware of this problem but dont have a solution so they ignore it ..

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agree with all this and I'll add that it wont play on a fair few android devices with a "This device has been modified" error, apparently because it's been 'jail broken'. I have many other streaming apps and this has never been an issue before on ANYTHING and it's perfectly legal to 'jail break' your device (many are bought jail broken), so why is this an issue on nowtv only?

Glad I got the free trial as well because this service is an utter joke.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

They kept taking money from me long after ai got rid of the now box only had one months freezing up viewing they owe me 67 pound now tv itself is probably a good service, its the hardware thats crap. Who knows, i got fed up keep unplugging everthing, as they keep contacting me on offers i keep contacting them with a reminder that non-repayment is a non-repayment and complain.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to connect all night, yet again, cancelling subscription. Broadband speed is spot on, brand new television. Poor service and would not recommend NowTV to anyone.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Honest to goodness why would anyone pay for this service! I paid to watch game of thrones, and it’s 720p with stereo sound, wtf is that all about in 2019!

everyone else downloading torrents in 4K with 5.1 surround and me like a mug paying £7.99 for this cr@p!

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Yeah right, mug.

You could have paid just £5.00 if you had got a voucher from Curry’s Smiley Tongue

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agreed the desktop player seems completely pointless!