cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV opens, loads for a few seconds, and closes again without an error message

Hello,

I'm getting rather frustrated as I'm unable to watch anything on the NowTV application for PC. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application to no avail. It opens, loads for a few seconds, but then crashes. This happens regardless of what I watch, and there's no error message when it happens - it just closes. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Harry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

What AV are you running? Bitdefender by any chance?

Have you got pihole?

If you have either, or worse, both, or anything similar, search for these terms on this Community and take the action indicated.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

What AV are you running? Bitdefender by any chance?

Have you got pihole?

If you have either, or worse, both, or anything similar, search for these terms on this Community and take the action indicated.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the help in what direction to look and yes Bitdefender and it is down to the Antimalware On-Execute that is casuing the issue disable and the app works fine.

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cheers Roy - it was indeed Bitdefender!