cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV no longer reliable enough to use

1. The new NowTV windows application is dreadful.  On my very high spec desktop PC the content plays, but CPU is 50%, and the picture will not go full screen.  Huge blue borders at the top and bottom.  These will not go away as they should.  Found a workaround (exploiting a bug in the software, smh) but still very shoddy.  4 instances of "Now TV player.exe" running, 2 instance of  Cisco VideoGuard*.exe running.

2. Tried to watch on my white NowTV box, initially got a "Error Code -1" - This error code does not exist on the website, only by Googling did I find the solution  - reset the clock which didnt appear to have taken account of BST.

3. Half way through the Spanish grand prix the NowTV box just turned off, never to return.

4. Tried to watch on a mid-spec laptop  (2GB ram, Intel i5 - certainly not shoddy and streams other HD sources with no problem) but CPU is 90% and choppy output.  Also does not go full screen.

So missed the start, watched 30 mins of it, then the white box switched off, then had choppy playback on the laptop.    Streaming content reliably is something which has not been cutting edge for at least 5 years now.   Netflix and Amazon Prime can protect their content without this kind of mess.

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It still seems to be a problem if my experience is anything to go by (i5, 8GB RAM, decently fast internet and no issues with other services like Amazon, iPlayer and Netflix).