cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Player keeps jumping

Hi, I usually buy Entertainment pass and have no issues watching via Silverlight. But just paid £9.99 for Movie pass and have had to install the Player. 

But it keeps jumping and the quality is beyond poor. I know the issue is not to do with Internet connection. I can watch Netflix and Amazon Prime just fine. 

It's very frustrating and seems a big waste of money at this point. Have read other threads on the issue, so it's definitely a common theme. Wish I had researched this before spending my money.

Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? Is there no other way of watching movies, or can it only be via the player? 

Will be cancelling subscription and not recommending service if this cannot be fixed. 

Ta!

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Safari. 

I did try deleting the Player app to see if I could go back to Silverlight, but it wouldn't give me that option.

Oh well. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there here is some more information we have regarding the Mac/ silverlight issues, hope this helps..

The NOW TV Player has been created for Mac users following the withdrawal of Silverlight

Microsoft has now withdrawn Silverlight support for Macs, so if customers don’t already have Silverlight installed, they’ll no longer be able to download it. NOW TV have create an alternative way of viewing for Mac users the NOW TV Player

How to install the NOW TV Player

To trigger the Player download, you’ll need to choose something to watch and hit play. You’ll then be prompted to download the Player.

Troubleshooting

1.Restart the NOW TV Player Close the NOW TV Player, go back to the NOW TV website and re-launch the NOW TV Player by clicking play on the show, movie or sports program again.
2.Reinstall the NOW TV Player
3.If the customer's unable to download the NOW TV Player file, send them this link to direct download it web.static.nowtv.com/watch/NOWTVPlayerInstaller.zip

More details on how to install and troubleshoot the player for Mac can be found on iKnow2, look for "NOW TV Player for Mac"

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your message. I have reinstalled the player but it is still jumping on Mac. 

As I said before, it works fine on android but it would be nice to have it working the same via laptop.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When the video is jumping what is your CPU doing? Can you look at Activity Monitor to see if anything is maxing it out? You might see a process called 'ciscovideoguard' using a lot of CPU.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

my now tv player keeps jumping as well, I restarted my laptop to see if it would do anything but it just made the jumps go away for 2 episodes of something.

now tv all together isn't working even on the app it wont let me sign in which i why i started to use now tv player but now that doesn't work either and everything I've tried just makes it go away for round about 2-3 episodes or movies. 

now I watch it on my tv but I would like to have now tv on my laptop so I can watch it whilst traveling.

I'm going to try find a solution. 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

There do seem to be a few bugs at the mo, although I don't get jumping issues on the app myself.

As an alternative until the player is improved if you have Silverlight installed on your machine, you can still use Firefox to watch in-browser via Silverlight (if you don't have Silverlight installed Firefox also prompts  to install the app).