cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Player keeps jumping

Hi, I usually buy Entertainment pass and have no issues watching via Silverlight. But just paid £9.99 for Movie pass and have had to install the Player. 

But it keeps jumping and the quality is beyond poor. I know the issue is not to do with Internet connection. I can watch Netflix and Amazon Prime just fine. 

It's very frustrating and seems a big waste of money at this point. Have read other threads on the issue, so it's definitely a common theme. Wish I had researched this before spending my money.

Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? Is there no other way of watching movies, or can it only be via the player? 

Will be cancelling subscription and not recommending service if this cannot be fixed. 

Ta!

15 REPLIES 15
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi, I usually buy Entertainment pass and have no issues watching via Silverlight. But just paid £9.99 for Movie pass and have had to install the Player. 

Hi @Anonymous User,

When you say the 'player', do you mean the NOW TV Windows app?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there, 

It's the mac OS app. 

Have downloaded onto Android HTC and the app works fine. No issues there.

But would be good to have it stream OK via macbook. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agreed, the video quality through the Now TV Player on OSX is appauling 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Right, good to know it's not just me then.

I don't know why there is a separate player for Movies. It's not a consistent user experience.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are you sure it still works with entertainment in Silverlight? If I go to watch something in Entertainment it launches the Now TV Player as well. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh no, i don't renew Entertainment every month.

If that's the case, that's put a damper on me buying another entertainment pass in the future.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ah, makes sense why you didn't notice. Yes this player replaces the silverlight dependecy now, just a shame nobody actually tested it before releasing it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If I was to delete the app do you reckon i could go back to watching entertainment via silverlight...I won't be getting another movie pass if the issue doesn't get sorted?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you already have silverlight installed and enabled then according to the Now TV help pages it should have never of even asked you to download it.

Were you using Safari or Firefox?