cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Player and Mac OS High Sierra

Have just been forced to install the NowTV player (literally no option to continue using the website stream).  Can i just say that this needs to be undone not only from a user choice perspective but also that those of us testing the new OS are now unable to use the service at all.   I say at all in that the video playback is choppy and unsync'd sound - not usable.  

When is a fix coming and why the mandatory usage of NowTV Player

6 REPLIES 6
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. I've a feeling this may have affected all Mac users not just beta testers, as browser-based watching was working for me last time I checked (about a week ago on Firefox ESR 52.1.2 Sierra 10.12.5) but everything I do now seems to be forcing me to watch on the app. I'll tag @Anonymous User from the NOW TV Team as he might be able to give you an answer to your question. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

much appreciated...  im assuming they will reply here?  I mean they have basically made the service unusable on macs - so some updates would be a grand idea.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Hopefully Nicholas will reply here (he hasn't posted anywhere yesterday so might not have been at work) but I'm keeping an eye out on the forum and if there's any announcements elsewhere I'll let you know. 

There was this reply from another NOW TV team member

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mac-OS/Any-option-on-Mac-other-than-the-Now-TV-Player/m-p/429668#M2817

which doesn't really tell us anything but is referring to Silverlight suggesting maybe they think it still works in-browser. It's all a bit of a mystery at the mo. Is the app still causing issues for you? I've never had problems with the app, but I'm on Sierra 10.12.5 so it's different from you.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello

Appreciate the help and the vigil to try and push for some work on this.   Silverlight is not an option anymore... its the app or nothing... Ive even tried uninstalling the app in hopes that i can still stream via silverlight but this is not permitted with the recent changes.

With High Sierra i notice very broken/choppy video and sound which loses sync.  If all you want to do is hear the program / movie in the back ground then there is no issue.  🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The app has also been registered as a new device. I tried using it and the quality of video was extremely bad as well as sound so I decided to delete the app and remove the device from manage devices. I now cannot use the website for streaming neither can I use the app because I removed the device and would have to wait until July 1st to add again.

Can anyone help with this? I am a very disatisfied customer!! I cannot use my subscription!! 

Thanks! 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. The app does count as a new device. We're not sure of the position regarding Silverlight until we get some confirmation from the NOW TV Team so I'd stick with the app for now. 

Have a word with Live Chat, explain what's happened and see if they can allow you an extra device swap to get the app working again.

To reach live chat go to the following help page
https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices