cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Player App won't display images, only plays sound

Since this morning I have been unable to watch any NowTV as the player only displays a black blank screen.  Audio works but no images.  i have tried reinstalling many times and have used multiple browsers. I have also restarted my Mac but nothing works. This is rubbish and not likely to help keep me paying for the service.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hi there, welcome to the fourm, by any chance is it the old player or new player you were using the newest player we released? as there has been a technical glitch with the new player, which we are currently working on fixing, so once resolved you should be able to stream with no problems. 

View solution in original post

44 REPLIES 44
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any further updates on this?  I too am experiencing this annoyance.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the same issue here.

I was forced to download the new version and now there's no video playing, just audio.

I looks like it's been at least two day so I would expect compensation for this.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Me too! Has black screen with sound after installing latest player. Is there any way around it? Do NowTV even know about this problem? I'm using Sierra (10.12.6) on MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011). It works on my partner's Macbook though, which is newer and has better hardware, but running El Capitan (10.11.6).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem here.

OSX 10.10.5 and NowTV app 2.1.1

I am not impressed by my experience since I had to move from the Silverlight player to the NowTV app.

I am a software consultant who has developed video player solutions for various customers. I have code in millions of set top boxes. I would tell you which companies I have worked with but I've signed NDAs.

There is no reason why this player should be so shoddy. It is the only app on my Mac which basically gets the fans spinning almost immediately and every release has been glitchy. That the app managed to get through the QA and regression testing and have broken video is incredible. Makes me wonder if you actually do any QA and regression testing.

You should be ashamed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

And one other thing...

When you forced me to change from Silverlight to the app you then didn't recognise my Mac as a registered device (presumably because the player identifies itself differently) so I had to lose a change of device for that month which was inconvenient as I had just upgraded another device. 

This is amateurish in the extreme.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue here.

What annoys me is not even the release of a buggy version but the fact that even after knowing this version is not working fine since yesterday, I had been forced to upgrade it today. It should have been removed as soon as you noticed this bug!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI

just did the update for Now TV app, now all I get is a black screen but do have audio????????????????????

help

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been having the exact same problem since last night when I was forced to update to version 2.1.1. After live chat conversations with two technical helpdesk operators, and being asked to go through steps I had already completed (uninstall, reinstall etc) I was eventually told that it's a known issue with no date for fixing it. Unacceptable for a paid service. There isn't even a message on the site indicating that there is a problem. And the buggy 2.1.1 version is still able to be downloaded!!! In fact, we're forced to install it if we want to continue watching. Which we then can't do anyway. Why?! Very poor service, NowTV/Sky. I was happy to install it last night, as I thought it may fix the terrible freezing/skipping backwards that the previous player has been plagued with. Not so.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm unable to see the images since the last update either (2.1.1)...

This player is not very nice and make my Macbook Pro so noisy everytime I watch an episode.

Why don't you integrate the player directly into your website like Netfllix? (and some english subtitiles would be nice)

I really hope the problem will be solved soon! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'll add that since updating the NowTV Player all I'm getting is audio and the black screen.

OSX 10.11.6

Safari

Brave

Opera