cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Player App won't display images, only plays sound

Since this morning I have been unable to watch any NowTV as the player only displays a black blank screen.  Audio works but no images.  i have tried reinstalling many times and have used multiple browsers. I have also restarted my Mac but nothing works. This is rubbish and not likely to help keep me paying for the service.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hi there, welcome to the fourm, by any chance is it the old player or new player you were using the newest player we released? as there has been a technical glitch with the new player, which we are currently working on fixing, so once resolved you should be able to stream with no problems. 

View solution in original post

44 REPLIES 44
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've tried using my old download and it just prompts me to upgrade when I open it so not helping (although I'm using windows rather than Mac). Think we need a fix.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Am I correct in assuming that we simply have to wait? That is to say, in the meantime, I cannot use the service, which I am in fact paying for. I have the same issue after updating the player. I have tried all suggested steps and the problem persists. Please reply

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any update on when we can expect a fix? This really needs sorting ASAP please.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. I've had exactly the same issue - tried the suggested steps, and it still isn't working. This is really frustrating for a paid service!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also experiencing the same issues.

Will there be compensation for this?

As I've paid money for this service I expect it to work - if it doesn't wotk surely I should be compensated!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had the same problem today: the NowTV Player app would not start. (NB: it worked perfectly ok two days ago)

So I played the apprentice sorcerer by uninstalling it and now I cannot find how to re-install it,,,

Help!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User With great power comes great responsibility! 🙂 Check your Downloads folder as the installer maybe still be in there. If not open up a private browsing tab in your browser, log into the NOW TV website and try watching something again, it should prompt you to install this time.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also having this problem, this is amateur. Why was a buggy player released? Was any testing done? You have forced the NowTV player on customers and haven't been able to fulfill service expectations
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the exact same issue... just downloaded new player and now I can't get any picture.. Rubbish!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We are having the exact same problem. Have been trying to uninstall and reinstall all night with no luck. 

We have just purchased a 7-day Sports pass for £10.99 (yesterday) which is proving to be a huge waste of money. 

Please let us know as soon as it is fixed.