cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Player App won't display images, only plays sound

Since this morning I have been unable to watch any NowTV as the player only displays a black blank screen.  Audio works but no images.  i have tried reinstalling many times and have used multiple browsers. I have also restarted my Mac but nothing works. This is rubbish and not likely to help keep me paying for the service.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hi there, welcome to the fourm, by any chance is it the old player or new player you were using the newest player we released? as there has been a technical glitch with the new player, which we are currently working on fixing, so once resolved you should be able to stream with no problems. 

View solution in original post

44 REPLIES 44
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have sound but a black screen I have tried to fix by following these instructions https://help.nowtv.com/article/Black-Screen-Mac but still a black screen 😞

Laptop deets below:

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2011)

Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Startup Disk Macintosh HD

Please help 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Anna, I'm having the same issues on my iMac. Admin aren't responding. Have you had any luck yet?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep..downloaded new version..still audio no pictures....

OS X 10.11.6

GeForce GT 120 512 Mb

2 x 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

26GB RAM

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I took out a subscription in September and found that I couldn't use my Mac to play nowTV programmes, although it works fine on my iPhone, iPad and SamsungTV. The audio is OK, but there is no video. 

NowTV Help took me through all the usual things, which were done many times over a period of a couple of weeks, and eventually the fault was 'escalated'. However, I have heard nothing since then, in spite of politely asking them to give me an indication of when it might be fixed. 

Does anyone know the latest situation with this issue? As far as I can tell, it seems to have been a problem since early 2017 at least.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

here we go again, updates suck they always mess things up. It seems to me you people don,t seem to know what you are doing in this job, you software people keep screwing up webrowsers or viewing tv or upadte just plain outright sucks.

same here install the nowtv player it says ok - and as usual it sucks its does,nt work on internet explorer or on firefox, silver light. Have you people not evern realised what you have done. All pathways you have screwed it up nothing works at all - yet you contiinue to take my money. No support, no response, no fixes, no one listening, no replies software can be a real pain in the ass.

you know before you put updates out and patches and all that other crap - MAKE SURE IT ACUALLY WORKS ACROSS ALL PLATFORMS DUMB ASS.