cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Player App won't display images, only plays sound

Since this morning I have been unable to watch any NowTV as the player only displays a black blank screen.  Audio works but no images.  i have tried reinstalling many times and have used multiple browsers. I have also restarted my Mac but nothing works. This is rubbish and not likely to help keep me paying for the service.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hi there, welcome to the fourm, by any chance is it the old player or new player you were using the newest player we released? as there has been a technical glitch with the new player, which we are currently working on fixing, so once resolved you should be able to stream with no problems. 

View solution in original post

44 REPLIES 44
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hi there, welcome to the fourm, by any chance is it the old player or new player you were using the newest player we released? as there has been a technical glitch with the new player, which we are currently working on fixing, so once resolved you should be able to stream with no problems. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Presumably the new one? when will the issues be resolved?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Ah yes the new one has been removed, and currently in the process of being fixed, i will keep you updated when we know more of when this will be resolved.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also check these steps as follows this should help

Check you have the broken release

1. Launch the NOW TV Player App

2. Click on “About NOW TV Player” in the NOW TV Player menu in the menu bar

3. Verify version number is 2.1.0

To resolve:

1. Hit Command+Shift+G from the Mac OS X desktop and enter                                                    

~/Library/Cisco/VideoGuardPlayer/VideoGuard8

2. Double click “uninstall.command”

3. Hit Command+Shift+G from the Mac OS X desktop and enter ~/Applications

move NOWTV Player.app to trash

4. Select some content to play and follow the steps to re download the Player

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there,

Version 2.1.1 still isnt working for me after following your steps above.

Cheers,

Jack

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hi Jack, wel let you know when we have solved the bug with the new player 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How can you mark this as solved. I have the same issues with 2.1.4 which is the latest version from your site.

If i released software like this i would get sacked

Pointless telling people to delete applications and then download the same buggy version !!!

All I can say is I am glad i only have a trial as I would not pay for this piece of junk

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm having the same issue... No images just dound after the new install...

I uninstalled the new buggy player... Now I can't seem to be able to download the player to reinstall!

Everything I click on to watch, to trigger a download option does nothing except cause a loading symbol to flicker on the screen for a split second.

This is frankly unacceptable for a paid service.

C

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there,

I've followed the guidelines to uninstall version 2.1.1 but I can't seem to find a way to download the previous version of 2.1.0.

Is there any further information when the bug will be fixed?

Thanks