cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV App Doesn’t Work on Windows 11

App loads and shuts down within a few seconds.

I'm not running bitdefender.

Windows11

I've rebooted/reinstalled several times.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I received this email from NOW TV Support, and following the instructions worked for me - it seems there is an issue with downloading the app from Chrome:

Hi Chris,

Thanks for getting in touch and letting us know the issue you facing with the NOW TV player on windows 11

I understand it can be upsetting when some thing like this hampers our experience, rest assure since I am aware of the situation I've helped you with some trouble shooting steps to get this issue fixed for you.

As you facing issue on windows please follow below trouble shooting steps.

1. Since you're on Windows: Go to Control Panel and then Programs and Features. Find the NOW Player application, select it, and click Uninstall.

2.After that, Go to the browser you used to download the Player, and clear the cookies from your browsing history. (If you don’t want to clear all your cookies, then just find the now tv Player Installed cookie and delete it.)

3.Then restart your Laptop & then open any other supported browsers like Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox on it and then sign into your NOW account with this email:- [email removed]

4.Once signed in to the account, try to watch any Entertainment content on it. You'll get a pop up to download NOW Player on your Laptop, click on install and then try watching the content

I hope this resolves the issue, if you still facing the issue do help us with few details mentioned below so that we can proceed accordingly.

1.May I know the exact device you are facing this issue on?

2.Since when are you facing the issue?

3.Are you facing same issue on all the other devices too?

4.Exact error code or error message you are getting on the screen?

5.Are you facing this issue while watching a particular content or show or on all contents?

6.Internet speed you are getting on the device using this link : speedtest

7.Help us with the short video and images of the issue faced.

I'd appreciate your response with the details so that we can sort this at earliest.

Reply to this email without changing the subject line, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
The NOW Team

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Best to do a search on the forum you’ll see plenty of threads about the player for windows. You might be able to find a solution.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Already did that, nothing has helped so far

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You could try speaking with staff via live chat, but be warned you might not get very far as the player is known to be a pain. Make sure you click “chat online” within the green box and not “get help quicker” as this is a bot.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have same issue with windows11 having paid £9.99 Im not impressed

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have you tried downloading the Amazon App Store? 
Something I’ve been meaning to try to see if it has the NOW app there. 
At least then it’ll be based on the Amazon fire stick app and be more reliable.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Are you running 8.12.0, for which Now claims Windows 11 compatibility?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I received this email from NOW TV Support, and following the instructions worked for me - it seems there is an issue with downloading the app from Chrome:

Hi Chris,

Thanks for getting in touch and letting us know the issue you facing with the NOW TV player on windows 11

I understand it can be upsetting when some thing like this hampers our experience, rest assure since I am aware of the situation I've helped you with some trouble shooting steps to get this issue fixed for you.

As you facing issue on windows please follow below trouble shooting steps.

1. Since you're on Windows: Go to Control Panel and then Programs and Features. Find the NOW Player application, select it, and click Uninstall.

2.After that, Go to the browser you used to download the Player, and clear the cookies from your browsing history. (If you don’t want to clear all your cookies, then just find the now tv Player Installed cookie and delete it.)

3.Then restart your Laptop & then open any other supported browsers like Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox on it and then sign into your NOW account with this email:- [email removed]

4.Once signed in to the account, try to watch any Entertainment content on it. You'll get a pop up to download NOW Player on your Laptop, click on install and then try watching the content

I hope this resolves the issue, if you still facing the issue do help us with few details mentioned below so that we can proceed accordingly.

1.May I know the exact device you are facing this issue on?

2.Since when are you facing the issue?

3.Are you facing same issue on all the other devices too?

4.Exact error code or error message you are getting on the screen?

5.Are you facing this issue while watching a particular content or show or on all contents?

6.Internet speed you are getting on the device using this link : speedtest

7.Help us with the short video and images of the issue faced.

I'd appreciate your response with the details so that we can sort this at earliest.

Reply to this email without changing the subject line, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
The NOW Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tried all the normal suggestions of clearing cookies, uninstalling and reinstalling etc but none worked.

Found the solution...Now TV no longer works if Citrix Workspace is installed, so Citrix Workspace must be uninstalled. Both seemed to work together ok until a code change around October 2022.

I'm guessing the issue might be resolved in future versions of the Now TV app.

rdcwood
Advocate

Thanks Richard559, that really helped me. After uninstalling Citrix Workspace and any associated Citrix software, my NOW TV app works ok. Also, I've now managed to re-install Citrix Workspace(latest 23.3.0.55) and NOW TV still works ok, so perhaps some incompatibility with the Citrix Workspace version I was running.

Anyway, all good now 😊

Thanks,

Richard