cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv player stuck on fast forward since update

Since Now tv player for windows was updated 2 days ago I haven't been able to stream any content at all as everything seems to be stuck on fast forward. It streams fine on my phone or my partners xbox but will not play through my PC and I've tried playing it though the Microsoft app but that won't even let me sign in.  I'm a little dissapointed as I only bought the pass one day prior to the update and haven't been able to use it since because of the issues with the player.

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did this get solved?

Was watching stuff fine earlier today. Went to work, now home from work and what ever I try to watch just plays fast-forward with no sound.

Any answers?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's done this to me off and on for a while. 

Very annoying and I have found no solution.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So do Tech people see this?

GAME OF THRONES!!!! CANT WATCH.... PLAYS IN FAST FORWARD!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the exact same problem, utterly ruining game of thrones. Main reason I’m paying for NOWTV is to watch game of thrones. How does his get resolved?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User wrote:

I have the exact same problem, utterly ruining game of thrones. Main reason I’m paying for NOWTV is to watch game of thrones. How does this get resolved?

What are you watching it on?

If it’s a NowTV Stick, there is a RESET button on the side; press and hold this, short for a Restart, long (6 secs) for a Factory Reset if that does not cure it. 

Official advice here, covering boxes as well.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

just started having this issue on my pc, really starting to annoy me, now tv? fix please. 

it plays about 10 seconds of movie for every 1 second that passes, literally cant watch and its a ######-take 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi -

My solution:

Delete the downloaded install and go to Microsoft store https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/now-tv/9wzdncrdm157?activetab=pivot:overviewtab and use that install instead. Mke sure you uninstall the other rubbish though.