cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv player is garbage

Ok so 3 days into my 2 week free trial and I'm totally  fed up with the now tv player crashing and displaying a f2000 error.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled til my finger tips became sore and still it's not working so I've cancelled my subscription. 

What a crap service now tv is, shame though as there's some great stuff on here. 

Never had these kind of issues with Netflix, I'm very dissapointed!

5 REPLIES 5
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. 

There's three ways to watch on a Windows machine, using IE11 with Silverlight installed to watch in-browser or using the NOW TV Player helper app with other browsers. More info here

https://help.nowtv.com/article/watching-now-tv-on-windows

or the other alternative is to download the NOW TV app from the Windows Store

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/p/now-tv/9wzdncrdm157

You might want to try one of the ker ways of watching to see if you get better results.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Andy,

As I'd already read by other members that installing  Silverlight with IE 11 seems to work well I thought I'd give it a try. I've had it up and running now for several hours with no problems so I'm very pleased, especially as I was halfway through the second series of The Wire!

However as the now tv player also worked ok until it completely died on me, for reasons unkown to me , I don't want to get my hopes up. Lets see how it goes over the next few days.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

yep,

i have to say the now TV player is terrible.

why can't it work without plugins or a seperate player, like amazon, netflix and bbc iplayer.

The quality of the steaming is dire. I payed for NOW TV so i could watch it on the PC's at work while i am waiting to be called. I can't use it like the above players because it wont install and run correctly like the above.

I wont renew my subscription.

lovebuguk
Scholar

just buy a now tv box will not have probs again my now tv box runs great 24/7 never have any crash or disconect. running nowtv with windows not great.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes buying a box might solve the probs but as I a paying customer I expect that I should be able to accept the same level of service across the various methods of viewing that nowtv have made available.  The player is crap.  It continuously logs you out when watching and during periods of activity.  And why oh why is their best level of service on IE or silverlight?