cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Apple-Pie
Advocate

Now Tv App

Hello All,

Trying to get the NowTv App on my Mac ...where is it? 

I want to be able to click on the app and instantly access everything, all I can do atm is to log in via a website. Although on my iPad I have an NowTv app.

any help/ advice gratefully appreciated ?

Thanks 

November 2023

3 REPLIES 3
RoyB
Legend

@Apple-Pie 

There isn’t an app any more, on Macs and on Windows computers. You just go onto the Now website, in Safari or your choice of other browsers, and what used to be the app is now functionality seamlessly integrated into the website and shown via the browser.

For reasons that aren’t entirely clear to me, yes, the iPad still uses a separate app, as do iPhones and also Android tablets and phones.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Apple-Pie
Advocate

Thank you, for getting back to me. 

Not so keen on this new system of accessing NowTv through website only, especially some countries restrict websites. 

What a shame.

RoyB
Legend

@Apple-Pie 

It doesn’t make a blind bit of difference there.

The computer apps were ‘headless’, i.e. even if you started in the app, it sent you to the browser to choose what you wanted to watch.

And you can’t watch Now content when you are in other countries anyway.

There are a few things that are clunkier on the browser than in the app, but I think these are more than outweighed by the unlovely habit of the hybrid apps of declining to start the Player part.

I would have preferred it if Now had kept the apps and made them headed, like the version briefly available from the Microsoft Store, but that was discontinued for unclear reasons.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.