cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roguexuk
Contributor 1

Re: Now TV tring to run via app instead of browser

@Tony-Dwrote:

@beechel Currently chatting in the backgroud about this and i've mentioned your point of being on Windows 7 so hopefully i can get a definitive answer by end of business today. Thank you for posting this in forum by the way. Helps alot Smiley Happy

Hi Tony-D - I didn't say before but I'ma Windows 7 person too - but surely it shouldn't make a difference which version of windows we use if we're using the browsers to stream - wouldn't it be easier to use the browser than making an app specific to each Windows?

0 Thanks
beechel
Contributor 1

Still no resolution on this issue or any real communication from NOW, I bought a NOW box and subscription so that my mother could watch the NOW box, I could watch what I wanted on a laptop.  I am starting to feel pretty unhappy.  The product is not fit for purpose and does not provide the functionality promised.  I cancelled the Movie pass last month, recieved a notification that my pass had been cancelled and would expire at the end of February, I have however been charged £10.99 this month for Movies.  Now the problem with watching in a browser - In any browsers.  Followed by a few words of reassurance in online chat that the matter is being 'looked into', a matter which has existed for a long time now and must affect pretty much all users of NOW in browsers.  Surely there should be a dedicated team working to resolve this, surely with this issue having been around for so long a resolution should have been forthcoming by now.  It simply is not good enough to have a NOW player that doesn't work and a team that suggests possible workarounds to clients that they have neither trialled nor know if works.  I have a product that does not work, an entertainment subscription that I pay for with content that is unwatchable and a movie subscription that I cancelled last month but have still been charged for this month.  Can someone please come back with a definitive answer to the following:

Can we expect this fixed

Will this be watchable in browser again

When can we expect a resolution

alw2
Occasional Poster

Same with me, very annoyed. They need to fix it ASAP.

Tleris
Contributor 1

I have tried live chat. THere is no use.

No solution offered

No one seems intereseted in sorting this mess out.

I am really fed up.

@Tleriswrote:

hello i tried the chat last week . So far they have been useless. No one has really bothered to

a) come back to us with an answer on what is going on. THat has been a bit  more than a week now.

b) no one has offered a solution

c) no one has replied to last email and actually replied to the question that was asked (a week ago),

d) no one has even apologised for the mishap.

That is my personal experience, and from the look of things in this forum, I am not the only one with this issue.

I have a laptop and a PC and both are affected.

Regards

@Tony-Dwrote:

@Tony-Dwrote:

@Andywrote:

@dg124695

Welcome to the forum. There's been a steady tickle of people reporting the same thing on the forum so it could be NOW TV are phasing out the in-browser option (they've been hinting it will have to happen at some point with Silverlight support withdrawing) but it's interesting it's only affecting one of your machines at the moment. Can't check myself as I'm a Mac user and we've been moved onto the Player for a while now. 

I'll tag @Tony-D from the NOW TV Team to see if he has any info. It might also be interesting to pop onto live chat and see what they say. You can get to live chat from the Contact Us page

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

(expand the Anything Else section at the bottom for options)

Thanks for the tag @Andy 

@dg124695 I'm gonna have a look around at maybe disabling pop-ups or any kind of automation when trying to use silverlight to watch NOW TV. I'll let you know what i find Smiley Happy

@dg124695 Can you try rolling back to IE10 or even going to Internet Options > Advanced > Security > Custom > Prevent Windows from opening file or it could be Prompt when downloading softawre. IF you fo see the option for preventing, then try that first. I can't check myself as our Options Settings is locked out by our Network admin. Thanks

NOW TV Team Tony-D
NOW TV Team

@Tleris @beechel @roguexuk I've been away for a few days but our team has passed the continuous feedback (thanks for taking your time to write it all in here btw) to the dev team and they are hard at work at improving the service via the NOW TV Player. I understand all of your frustration and hopefully i will have a resolve for you all soon and please come back to this page as i will be posting updates here. I'll make sure to to tag you all so you don't miss a beat.

roguexuk
Contributor 1

@Tony-Dwrote:

@Tleris @beechel @roguexuk I've been away for a few days but our team has passed the continuous feedback (thanks for taking your time to write it all in here btw) to the dev team and they are hard at work at improving the service via the NOW TV Player. I understand all of your frustration and hopefully i will have a resolve for you all soon and please come back to this page as i will be posting updates here. I'll make sure to to tag you all so you don't miss a beat.

Hi @Tony-D thanks for coming back to us - it's nice to know that someone is listening and doing something about all this :-)

NOW TV Team Tony-D
NOW TV Team

@roguexuk wrote:

@Tony-Dwrote:

Hi @Tony-D thanks for coming back to us - it's nice to know that someone is listening and doing something about all this :-)

Don't worry @roguexuk i'll been a bit of a pain to the guys trying to get this sorted lol. Will update asap Smiley Happy Thank you.

roguexuk
Contributor 1

@Tony-D I just thought - you said that the Development team are working on improving the NowTV player - that includes streaming through browsers right?

0 Thanks
Highlighted
NOW TV Team Tony-D
NOW TV Team

@roguexuk wrote:

@Tony-D I just thought - you said that the Development team are working on improving the NowTV player - that includes streaming through browsers right?

Well see, it's the whole silverlight no longer being supoorted thing that is stumping development and they are just trying to figure out the best way of implementing a better way to watch. Browser watching, without the need for silverlight is viable it's just what we decide to do really. This week i should have a lot more updates anyway and i've been passing my own personal feedback on the situation too @roguexuk Smiley Happy

NOW TV Team Tony-D
NOW TV Team

@Tony-D wrote:

@roguexuk wrote:

Well see, it's the whole silverlight no longer being supoorted thing that is stumping development and they are just trying to figure out the best way of implementing a better way to watch. Browser watching, without the need for silverlight is viable it's just what we decide to do really. This week i should have a lot more updates anyway and i've been passing my own personal feedback on the situation too @roguexuk Smiley Happy

@roguexuk @beechel and everyone else. Still awaiting updates on this as of today. Will keep updating this even if i know nothing so you know i haven't forgot.