cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV player won't install on Mac

Downloaded the now tv player on my Mac, but it seems to get stuck on installing every time. I have tried deleting the downloaded, clearing cookies and then downloading and installing again but the same problem keeps happening. My mac is up to date with the latest iOS. I have just started my subscription and don't want to be paying for something which doesn't work! 😞
54 REPLIES 54
Anonymous User
Not applicable

https://web.static.nowtv.com/watch/player/nowtv/gb/latest/NOWTVPlayer-Windows.exe

this is the link to download the new player direct after you have erased completly old one. DON'T UPGRADE!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

...also the player seems to open far more successfuly from Google Chrome as opposed to Safari.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, this is a joke. Another 30-odd quid for a Sky Sports pass for the Lions/cricket and, guess what, it doesn't work here either. Well done Now TV, testing out things too quickly on the punters, taking the money and running. Been telling me it's installing Now TV player for half an hour now. I'm giving up

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue. Having to watch the Lions game on my phone. Not impressed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue here. Tried all the things already mentioned by others, even left it to install overnight in case it was a problem with my connection - nothing. It just keeps saying "Installing NOW TV Player" but nothing happens, and it gets stuck there on every single attempt. And yes, Safari and Chrome download the exact same player so the browser in use makes absolutely no difference. Please, NOW TV, sort this update out!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem. Also bought a Sky Pass today to watch the Lions. Very frustrating.

skellycycle
Advocate

Just had 2 long chats with support.

Player does not work on Safari.

That is official.

You have to download an old version of Firefox to get it to work.

Unfortunately lots of applications such as Citrix won't work on old versions.

This is the only workaround or watch it on your phone.

Shame they don't tell you that before you pay.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Couldn't get it to work on Firefox or Chrome, as well as Safari

Anonymous User
Not applicable

same problem but downloaded the installer form here and its working

http://web.static.nowtv.com/watch/NOWTVPlayerInstaller.zip

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This link worked for me! Thanks so much!