cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV player won't install on Mac

Downloaded the now tv player on my Mac, but it seems to get stuck on installing every time. I have tried deleting the downloaded, clearing cookies and then downloading and installing again but the same problem keeps happening. My mac is up to date with the latest iOS. I have just started my subscription and don't want to be paying for something which doesn't work! 😞
54 REPLIES 54
Anonymous User
Not applicable

That didn't work either!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly the same problem, very disapointed with the forced install of the app, how about the option.... "Download" "I Already Have this" "I want to carry on using my browser" disapointed their letting loyal now tv customers down who don't have the required version of mac osx.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm encountering the same problem. Forced to take the Player on my MAC  AND i had to deauthorise another device to be able to get the player working.  Installed okay, but it's glitchy, slow and constantly relooping itself over the footage! I paid for Sports this month and unable to watch anything from NOW TV with the new player! Not good enough to release untested and shoddy apps on us, that also force us to take them! Why can't we have a choice to download, already have, OR continue in browser! I want a refund!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still doesn't seem to be working, can also see other people have this issue still. Any idea when I can expect this issue to be resolved. Will have to cancel my subscription otherwise because I subscribed with the intention of being able to watch on my mac. Have paid for a week which I haven't been able to use!!!! 😞
Anonymous User
Not applicable

any resolution? an utter shambles. no respect for their customers clearly.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

try this fix...

the error seems to be in the installer which is terrible..

my fix was copying the .app from the 1 install i did get to work into other boots (i'd tried 3 different macbooks with 6 different boots/os)

download & extract this file 

https://we.tl/3abB7YxUvd  (this is a zipped version of the now tv.app which i had to zip in order to upload to wetransfer_

and copy it into user/applications... it may just work... its worked on 3 boots so far for me...

good luck! and no thanks to the chat support who i was on with for 3 hrs last night.. i thought of this possible fix at the last minute before i started swearing... let me know if it does work as the tech dept would owe me big time.. i recon a months free subscription for me is worth about ooooo 15 mins of a programmers time..

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mate, you're a genius! I reckon NOW TV owe you a year's free subscription. At least. That fix worked immediately, thank you so much. Player seems to be fine too, none of the probs with picture etc that others seem to have had. Problem definitely seems to be with the installer. Thanks again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

ha! i spoke to the chat bots and they wanted to know what this simple fix was.. asked them to call but couldn't evidently due to DPA!!! 

i'd love some free months of subscription, but i fear it will never happen as i dont think they care...

hey ho, if anyone from now tv actually looks at this... i've put this fix up as you don't care.. i'm not in it, just have a logical brain (i think) so if you do want to give me some free time that'd be appreciated 😉 your guys at twitter gave up after i asked for some time..

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thankyou very much, Gotitworking, for sharing this app.I had cancelled my Nowtv subscription as I tried everything suggested in the emails by the support person, and instructions like "download an old version of Firefox?  I could have cried. Then I found this forum and was able to follow your instructions, I was thrilled to bits when it worked perfectly , and just looks the same as when I watched it in the Safari browser.       

I just have one question which I apologize if it's silly: the Norton Security thing asked me if I wanted to allow Videomonitorguard to access the internet. It wouldnt work unless I said yes. I hope that is ok, and not harmful?

many thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This still does not work. With the link that one of the individual has provided (thanks a lot for that by the way) the app installs but when I try to open any programme it comes back with an error message on the app with an error code. 'Oops something has gone wrong!'. Please help!!!!!