cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV player does not hide the mouse cursor, has choppy sound and a freezing picture.

Does anyone else have the following problems on the new Now TV player?

• The mouse cursor still shows in full screen mode

• The sound sometimes is choppy

• There is sound and no picture

Please fix this as after nearly 18 months I am thinking of cancelling. I am using a mac book (regular). Are Sky working on this or not? It never remembers my sound setting either which is a shame.

Any help please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is a tip that I use to hide my mouse pointer in full-screen mode while watching Now Tv on my Mac. 

Go into system preferences on your Mac and then click on Mission Control. By default, Mac Os assigns the function key as a shortcut to open mission control. Assign another key under the mission control dropdown under keyboard and mouse shortcuts. 

Now when you want to hide the mouse pointer all you need to do is press fn+f8 in when you're in full-screen mode, and voila the pointer will disappear. Clicking anywhere with the mouse will make it reappear.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The new app is awful, worse than the silverlight world of pain it's meant to relieve us from. 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Correct regarding the cursor, I have to shove it over in the side. 

With regards no picture, it's an issue with the player that needs fixing at the moment, that seems to be caused by an incompatibility with certain internal graphics.

In the meantime if you have Silverlight installed on your machine, you can still use Firefox to watch in-browser via Silverlight (if you don't have Silverlight installed Firefox also prompts  to install the app).

Alternately, some users have reported a temporary fix by installing gfxCardStatus and forcing it to use discrete instead of integrated graphics, but it will depend on the model of your MBP and as it's a third party app I can't guarantee it will work and you would need to install it at your own risk (I don't have the issue on my Mac so I've not needed to do anything).

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Go-Apps/Sky-Sports-Desktop-App-No-picture-but-have-sound/td-p/2580969/page/2

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is a tip that I use to hide my mouse pointer in full-screen mode while watching Now Tv on my Mac. 

Go into system preferences on your Mac and then click on Mission Control. By default, Mac Os assigns the function key as a shortcut to open mission control. Assign another key under the mission control dropdown under keyboard and mouse shortcuts. 

Now when you want to hide the mouse pointer all you need to do is press fn+f8 in when you're in full-screen mode, and voila the pointer will disappear. Clicking anywhere with the mouse will make it reappear.

Hope this helps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Chazzy1  you're a hero! God bless.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm glad it helped Mike, it was driving me mad as well and kept catching my eye even moved to the side of the screen.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not all heroes wear capes 😉

Speaking of which, keep an eye out for one of our upcoming player releases.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

As you can see your linked topic has now been merged into this existing topic about the same subject...