cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Player

I have been watching NOW TV through the player on my macbook for a couple of months with no problems. However, I am being prompted to download and install a new version. Whenever I try this installation nothing happens and I have to quit and close Now TV. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just tried this on my machine and it might help...

Note: Before doing this, make sure the NOW TV Player app is closed.

1. Open Finder on your Mac.
  2. Click your user name on the left hand side bar or in the top menu bar click Go and select your Home folder (see screen shot).
  3. Go into your Applications folder.
  4. Move the NOW TV Player to your trash.
  5. Next open your browser in either a private or incognito window... or clear your cookies.
  6. Try to watch something and you should be taken through the install journey like you were the first time.

In theory, this should allow you to perform a fresh install of the latest player. Hope that helps. 

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous User, I also had the update today and it seems to have worked fine for me. What exactly happens when you click the update button? Does the app close or stay open?

edit: Sorry I just re-read your post and saw that you have to close the app yourself. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also, bit of a silly one, but have you tried restarting your machine and trying the update again? 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly the same problem here - clicking on the update button results in the curser turning to diagonal bar through a circle. And moving the app to the Trash just breaks the program when lauching.

Anyone else having this issue?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly the same with me, request to update player, click ok and page freezes, useless !

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Little update: so it's now (mysteriously) downloading - over and over again, finishing with a pop up saying finish instalation - but when I try and launch a show/movie from a Chrome  browser window it launches he same out of date app, requesting download of update. I thought Macs were meant be easy! - no problem at all using NowTV on Windows 10. And for whatever reason the backlight on my brand new macbook pro has suddenly ceased to function. A coincidence I hope!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

2. Click your user name on the left hand side bar or in the top menu bar click Go and select your Home folder (see screen shot).
  5. Next open your browser in either a private or incognito window... or clear your cookies.
  6. Try to watch something and you should be taken through the install journey like you were the first time.

In theory, this should allow you to perform a fresh install of the latest player. Hope that helps. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Perfect. Worked a charm - thank you Jon!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Great stuff, glad I could help! 😀

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Just to say thanks for this tip - I was experiencing this problem too, and this worked perfectly.  🙂