cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
noeyedeer
Scholar 2

Now TV Player stopped working

It worked yesterday, nothing has changed on my PC, no newly installed programs or anything. 

Today, it just wont work at all. 

It was loading to a blank black screen. It had the channel name at the top, with the time elapsed thing at the bottom. But no picture or sound. And no option to change channel. 

I uninstalled the player and reinstalled it. Now, instead of a blank screen i get error 20000. Not f20000, just 20000. 

I'm using windows 7 pc and it's set to run in compatibility mode for windows 7. I presume it automatically defaults to do that. 

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

i have a problem like this.

I've using a pc and a laptop (windows 7) and from 7 days i can't watch now tv.

Both the machines have the same problem: black screen even if the audio works.

I didn't install new software and after few minutes the app stop to work and crashes.

I've tried to clean the cookies on chrome and on firefox, i've delete and reinstalled the app but i have not resolved the problem.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @noeyedeer @Anonymous User

I don't use my PC when watching nowtv, but somebody on the forum mentioned that they fixed the  NowTV player on their Windows PC by going into the Windows settings under themes and either enabling the aero theme or selecting one of the transparency themes on their computer.

Not sure if it's the same related issue that you are encountering, but i suppose it's worth a shot trying.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I uninstalled a couple months back, but it was working. Now I want to use it again it is insisting you enable Aero themes (what difference that makes I don't know) but that is imposible to do on windows 7 home basic, so now I'm not allowed to use my now TV. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Navigate to C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow

Delete the Cisco folder

Open NowTV Player and it should work.

If this doesn't fix it, delete that cisco folder as well as any NowTV folder inside C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming 

Then reinstall NowTV Player

Tested on Windows 10 x64 with the same application you use on Windows 7, not the new Windows 10 Store App version

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Darren, thank you!  I have been tearing my hair out for hours this week, and this worked.   I have never taken so long to diagnose a system fault, so your response and fix was very greatly received!!