cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Player on intel i5

my laptop is insulting me when i ran the player, too much effort...

the play is smooth (at 50% cpu) only at 480p, 1080p is just a dream.

Is there a chance to set a lower quality (registry, flags etc), or is all decided by the software?

The first and last 15 euros.....

thx

ciao

10 REPLIES 10
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Where do you live @Anonymous User?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i'm in dublin, connected with virgin media at 240mps, and it's not a bandwidth problem.

if i try to go full screen, the cpu usage raise to 100%, making the system almost unusable.

If i had the chance to lower the stream resolution, i would have gained in cpu usage..

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous Userlast time I checked Dublin was not in the UK. Until such time as Now provides services in Ireland or Ireland rescinds it's sovereignty and rejoins the UK, NO ONE is permitted to watch NOW UK services in Eire. It's against forum rules to attempt to find you a solution. You will need to go to the Now Ireland site for help. 

Here's the link to Sky Corporate information that has link to Now Ireland. https://corporate.sky.com/media-centre/news-page/2017/now-tv,-the-‘no-strings’-online-streaming-service-launches-in-ireland

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@4268 wrote:
@Anonymous User last time I checked Dublin was not in the UK. Until such time as Now provides services in Ireland or Ireland rescinds it's sovereignty and rejoins the UK, NO ONE is permitted to watch NOW UK services in Eire. It's against forum rules to attempt to find you a solution. You will need to go to the Now Ireland site for help.

@4268 Actually, NOW TV Has launched in Ireland recently.  To answer your question anyway @Anonymous User Is there any random background programs running when your going full screen? Are your video drivers up to date yeah? Does your laptop have a GPU or is it intergrated only? Wish there was a way to manually change the files just like you would with a game if you wanted to increase FOV, FPS Limits 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

my system is pretty clean, only downside is the integrated gpu.

I runned the program alone, and made exclusion on kaspersky antivirus on both ciscovideoguard.exe and nowtvplayer.exe.

I cannot say the software is not working, it only need a pumped gaming machine to run it smooth at 1080p.

If only i had the chance to test the player before the subsciption, maybe with a test video...

thx anyway

ciao

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

my system is pretty clean, only downside is the integrated gpu.

I runned the program alone, and made exclusion on kaspersky antivirus on both ciscovideoguard.exe and nowtvplayer.exe.

I cannot say the software is not working, it only need a pumped gaming machine to run it.

If only i had the chance to test the player before the subsciption, maybe with a test video...

thx anyway

ciao

Hi @Anonymous User Dedicated all the way haha. Right, so NOW TV is the only non-essential service running then yeah? Is it a Mac or is it Windows? Don't worry, my 980Ti wouldn't even play it due to the dual monitor set up i have. Trial and error seems to be the best way.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also seeing extreme cpu usage (around 70%) on an i7-4600u. 25% is used by cisco video guard and then there are four instances of nowtv player using most of the remainder. But there does seem to be free power left so it does not seem to be causing the choppiness I'm experiencing. It does run perfectly on internet explorer however. Unfortunately I've now used a registered device on the now tv player...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh... i didn't realize that, my bad.

Then how could i sign in to the forum and post messages, i shouldn't be allowed i guess.

With that, i'll delete the forum account trying to forget this awful experience.

Bye

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@4268 wrote:

@Anonymous Userlast time I checked Dublin was not in the UK. Until such time as Now provides services in Ireland or Ireland rescinds it's sovereignty and rejoins the UK, NO ONE is permitted to watch NOW UK services in Eire. It's against forum rules to attempt to find you a solution. You will need to go to the Now Ireland site for help. 

Here's the link to Sky Corporate information that has link to Now Ireland. https://corporate.sky.com/media-centre/news-page/2017/now-tv,-the-‘no-strings’-online-streaming-service-launches-in-ireland

Just got back to see if there were any improvement on the player, i tried hard but found any

How's brexit going ???

Your answer just confirm the level of software and services your company is giving, you may find one good out of three.

Bye