cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Player on PC telling me I'm offline when I'm not

I am absolutley losing my mind over this. I have Now TV on my PS4 and on my laptop which is running Windows 10. My PS4 is connected to the main household TV and works fine but if I want to watch something on my laptop, it doesn't work. Everytime I try to watch something, the Now TV player takes ages to load and then comes up with a screen saying 'it looks like your offline. Go online to enjoy all our content etc etc'. I am most definitely ONLINE at all times. 

I've tried uninstalling and then reinstalling from my original broswer. Then I went through and deleted all cookies and tried again. I've tried now with three different browsers, cleared all cookies, checked for updates on NOW and my PC and nothing is working. I've uninstalled and then reinstalled so many times and it just keeps coming up with the 'offline message'. 

Does anyone have any ideas what this might be?? I've pretty much reached the limits of my tech knowledge and I'm going to start tearing my hair out soon!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Can't help much sorry about the NowTV Player because i don't use my PC for watching NowTV.

If you have any spare device slots left on your account, what happens if you download the NowTV App from the Microsoft Store onto your Windows 10 PC do you get the same message or does the NowTV App work ?

Hopefully other PC users or somebody from the NowTV Forum Team will come to your assistance.

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous User
Not applicable

same problem here buddy, I hate now tv and there is no way to contact anyone. i want a full refund for the month paying an extortionate amount of money for an awful service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

not working for me either. can't find an email or phone number to ask for help either??

owlqueen
Scholar

i managed to get through to someone via live chat (after being #14 in the queue) - they said that their servers "might be low" and they've passed it to their team to investigate. I was told I'd receive an email when its fixed, not sure if that will be sent out to everyone.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

yep! I am getting this issue.

Now stopped working on apple TV box that I have, three weeks after I renewed the subscriotion!!! Very little warning.

So i sued the ipad and that will not link to the apple tv to play it on the main television, that plays the sound only.  The Mac when I connect this to the TV (which jas a lot of apps but Now is not one of them) plays great on the Mac and then when i screencast it greys out the Now TV window....???

Why have you guys done this and created a problem??

So I logged on with PC and tried to download the now player, yes that downloads and now tells me I am offline, pretty stupid when the play button from the website opens the app.  The only option you have is to refresh, this has been pressed and pressed and pressed, believe me!!  Again no joy!!

So I have a contract with you and have to buy a dongle for the TV, another £30, in order to watch Now TV. When renewal comes I will not be renewing and will vote with my wallet.

There is no customer service etc...the wifi box from you needed an extender to cover my bungalow, pretty rubbish for 2021 if you ask me. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just started getting the same problem today after watching with no problems yesterday.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine seems to be working again now. Clearly a central problem.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My service is back to normal today (or was when I checked it quickly earlier on), which is good.

I got an email this morning  from the technical team,suggesting I log off and on again. I replied saying I'd done that several times yesterday but that I was now able to use the service again. 

Thanks to everyone else who replied, and especially to those who persevered in the queue for customer service (aka complaints). Hopefully this problem won't recur, at least for a while!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have this problem also I can watch on my iPhone 13 pro but not on my MacBook Air or my tv through the Roku box ? no-one seems to be able to help or tell me why