cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Player on PC telling me I'm offline when I'm not

I am absolutley losing my mind over this. I have Now TV on my PS4 and on my laptop which is running Windows 10. My PS4 is connected to the main household TV and works fine but if I want to watch something on my laptop, it doesn't work. Everytime I try to watch something, the Now TV player takes ages to load and then comes up with a screen saying 'it looks like your offline. Go online to enjoy all our content etc etc'. I am most definitely ONLINE at all times. 

I've tried uninstalling and then reinstalling from my original broswer. Then I went through and deleted all cookies and tried again. I've tried now with three different browsers, cleared all cookies, checked for updates on NOW and my PC and nothing is working. I've uninstalled and then reinstalled so many times and it just keeps coming up with the 'offline message'. 

Does anyone have any ideas what this might be?? I've pretty much reached the limits of my tech knowledge and I'm going to start tearing my hair out soon!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Can't help much sorry about the NowTV Player because i don't use my PC for watching NowTV.

If you have any spare device slots left on your account, what happens if you download the NowTV App from the Microsoft Store onto your Windows 10 PC do you get the same message or does the NowTV App work ?

Hopefully other PC users or somebody from the NowTV Forum Team will come to your assistance.

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I’m in the queue to talk to someone – go to the complaints link at the very bottom of the webpage and keep going!
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Looks like NowTV are investigating this.

youdoodle-2020-06-03T14-30-56Z.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks. Looking at the ongoing service issues link (from the banner on the main page) they are now aware of this and seem to be looking into it. Apparently it’s affecting all devices. I’ll still try waiting to have a word – if I get anywhere with that I’ll post again. Here’s hoping!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

"Now" it seems to work...now 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Still not working for me. But I did get to chat with a human, who said:

·
Okay, I'll escalate this case to the higher end technical end they will check and get back to you at the earliest
So fingers crossed, as before.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had this issue today, which is how I stumbled across this thread.  Do what the solution says: download the NOWTV app from the Microsoft Store.  If you already have, like me, load it up anyway.  Then, go to the NOWTV website and play the movie you want - for me, it kickstarted things into working properly

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same problem on my Windows 10 laptop. It's been working fine for a couple of months and now totally unusable. I have tried deleting cookies, reinstalling etc and the Windows store app seems to be exactly the same thing so no joy there either. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same issue, I was using it on the TV earlier this morning fine no worries.

I have no come onto my Mac to watch something in another room, and it keeps saying that I am offline, when I know that I am not.

Maybe there is a glitch if a few of us are having issues today?

Either way... very annoying!

If anyone figures out anything, please shout! I will do the same 🙂 

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

same problem, but of course i'm on line too...