cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
damo1969
Observer

Re: Now TV Player not working

I have the same problem on mac. Watched a movie yesterday, no problem. Went to watch the F1 today, won't work. Says error and I'm using too many devices. I only use my mac and iphone. Reinstalled it, deleted cookies, still won't work. Looked in my account and it only lists mac, iphone and roku (whatever that is). Any ideas anyone?

0 Thanks
SueAT
Mentor

Roku is a smart stick
0 Thanks
redchiz1
Scholar 3

@damo1969 You are aware of the device limit? You absolutely need to back out of and shut down any device you are using before attempting to view on another one. 

0 Thanks
RoyB
Legend 5
Legend 5

@damo1969 @redchiz1 

…..unless you have Boost, with which you can watch on 3 devices at once.

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’ on it
(As long as you started the thread, and haven’t already accepted an answer)
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’ (the thumbs-up icon)
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks
redchiz1
Scholar 3

@RoyB A device limit still applies, though? I have found that issue on occasion despite thinking I was nifty enough to switch, despite having the Boost. 

0 Thanks
RoyB
Legend 5
Legend 5

@redchiz1 

Yes, the limit is 3 devices at once.

And you can now have as many devices as you like set up, though a maximum of six are shown on your Now dashboard, and only those of this six which support downloads can have downloads on them.

Using a device outside of this six will work, as long as it doesn’t break the simultaneous devices limit, and it will be seamlessly swapped into the six you have, knocking out the device last used longest ago which has no downloads on it. Or, if they all have downloads, the one last used longest ago.

This has replaced the clunky old system where you could only have three device swaps a month, and if you wanted to use a seventh device, you had to go in to your account and delete one of the six.

The new approach isn’t perfect yet; you can’t delete devices for yourself, so a lot of devices are still in member’s lists, even though they own them any more, and you can’t rename devices for yourself, so you can get a maze of twisty little Now devices, all the same, which you can’t tell apart.

But we may yet see these issues fixed.

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’ on it
(As long as you started the thread, and haven’t already accepted an answer)
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’ (the thumbs-up icon)
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks
Deggsy12222
Mentor

Hi there.  I also am now unable to get the nowtv player to work after I installed bitdefender.  Can you please explain exactly how to add the exception within the app.  I can't find anything to do with it in settings.  Thanks

0 Thanks
Deggsy12222
Mentor

My nowtv player has also stopped working since I installed bitdefender.  I have added an exemption but it's still not working!  What exactly should I enter?  I put in NowTvPlayer.exe.

0 Thanks
Deggsy12222
Mentor

Hi again.  So I worked out how to add an exemption but it still wont work.  What exactly do you enter in the box where it sys path, extension name etc?

0 Thanks
BigJGWH
Advocate

Hi,

I added an advanced threat defence exemption to NowPlayer.exe

(See https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2393/)