cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Player not working

Hello,

Since the 26th September I've been having a problem with the Now TV player. At the moment when I click to watch something the Now TV player loads up for a few seconds and then disappears. For a few days prior to this when I was watching something the video would stop and then I'd have to load the player again until it just stopped playing anything.

I'm using the Now TV on a laptop and I've uninstalled and reinstalled the player about six times and I still have the same issue. I've deleted the cookies on my computer, reset my router and restored my computer to an earlier date to see if any of that might help but it hasn't. Is there a way I can fix this?

Best wishes,
Jamie

53 REPLIES 53
Anonymous User
Not applicable

be honest, NOW TV as a company doesnt care about its customers at all. I have messaged them, and no matter what i do i dont get a response. We signed up for NOW for the Sports for my Dad. He cant see the TV so a laptop was good as he can be so much closer. POINTLESS if you cant get it to work for a few seconds for over six months.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I only use the laptop so I am really stuck. And paying for something I cannot access. And I am unable to cancel the direct debit! I don't know why. 

Feeling very frustrated with Now TV. I am going to give them bad reviews!!!

Nobody has been back in touch with me..... 😫

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have the exact same issue. the tv player keeps closing on me after 2-3 seconds of opening. now tv provided a "fix" however this did not work at all. like you i am paying for something i cannot use!

the user interface for now TV is also terrible alongside all the other issues...

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Drop an email to customer service, address is in the picture below 

1F4E7AB5-1363-45D8-A1B3-8D725B508AB7.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks I'll try them again. Just out of interest I have seen forum threads where people are changing their background theme to 'aero lite' and this has worked. But I have done this and still the player just keeps disappearing. It seems I am not the only one.

Thanks for your help. I have accepted a reduced payment while we try to sort it out - I say 'we' 😄- Now TV have not been involved in this process at all yet!

I'll post on here if I get anywhere, or if I just cancel my subscription.

In the meantime it is useful to know that you get offered a discount once you decide to cancel your pass.... 

Ta!

Elly

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think it’s since they updated the app.

Since I did the update barely any programmes now play on my Apple TV box. 

Ive tried resetting the box and turning it off and on again. Uninstalling but still doesn’t work like it did!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ive been having this problem for the last few days too, everything was working fine until suddenly the player refused to load properly and would just shut down after a few seconds. Reinstalling the player didn't help.

I have just found an old thread with a solution that worked for me!

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/PC-Mac/Player-keeps-crashing/td-p/497512

"Navigate to C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow

Delete the Cisco folder

Open NowTV Player and it should work.

If this doesn't fix it, delete that cisco folder as well as any NowTV folder inside C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming 

Then reinstall NowTV Player

Tested on Windows 10 x64"

Just deleting Cisco in LocalLow worked for me.

Hope this helps! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Perfect! Thanks for sharing. This worked for me!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks so much, after going nuts trying to figure it out, I deleted the Cisco folder and its working. 👍🏻😘👍🏻

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing. I followed your advice and deleted Cisco and although I am a step closer, sadly still no cigar. The player doesn't switch off straight away any more. But instead I am now getting that annoying 'Oh No! Something's gone wrong" page. 

I had a couple of emails from the support team but since none of their advice has worked they've gone quiet, but said they would be in touch.  We'll see.

In the meantime I can access on a tiny screen, but that's not really what I signed up for.

Thanks for your helps everyone. Much more helpful than Now TV itself!