cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Player not working

Hello,

Since the 26th September I've been having a problem with the Now TV player. At the moment when I click to watch something the Now TV player loads up for a few seconds and then disappears. For a few days prior to this when I was watching something the video would stop and then I'd have to load the player again until it just stopped playing anything.

I'm using the Now TV on a laptop and I've uninstalled and reinstalled the player about six times and I still have the same issue. I've deleted the cookies on my computer, reset my router and restored my computer to an earlier date to see if any of that might help but it hasn't. Is there a way I can fix this?

Best wishes,
Jamie

53 REPLIES 53
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 
Sorry I don’t use my laptop to watch Now TV. All I can suggest is jumping onto Live chat to report the issue. 

You are best to highlight to them everything you’ve done to try and resolve it yourself.

Live chat on link below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Live Chat does not work, at least for me. Clicking on the Live Chat button results in nothing happening.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have same issue. I have never had it working on my windows 10 pc. It does exactly the same as you wrote. I have contacted live chat a few times and they say that they have escalated to support team, but here i am 6 weeks later still stuck. No response from the escalation team at all. It is poor support really. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had exactly the same problem after downloading the recent NOW TV player upgrade to my Acer touchscreen laptop. I have downloaded it 4 times, cleared the previous version and also the current version several times and even deleted the appdata area for a clean install.  The laptop has 8Gb RAM and is running Windows 10 Home, the same as as my PC on which the app loads OK. 

The upgraded version of the player appears less robust than the previous version and needs urgent work.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the exact same issue as all you have described. It opens for a few seconds, tried everything obvious then it just closes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I gave up and bought a NowTV smart stick for £25 on Amazon.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been having exactly the same issue as you desribed. No matter what i do with NOW TV they dont sort things out. I have downloaded, restarted, took my pc back to factory defaults and still it just loads for a second and then stops. Pointless, and really bad service from start to finish.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here. It was working fine until a few days ago and now I can't get the Player to stay open, it just disappears after a few seconds. I have updated my laptop, uninstalled and reinstalled the Now TV app several times. Still the same problem. I decided to just cancel my direct debit, as there's not much point paying for something I am unable to use. But there is no way of cancelling the DD from my online bank account. If it doesn't start working soon I'm going to ask my bank to stop paying it anyway. It looks like its all a bit of a faff trying to cancel membership, which is usually a bad sign.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have you sorted the laptop problem yet as i've got this problem as well and would like to know what to do.