cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Player not working Error Code OOVP_00005

Has anyone else had this issue, we're trying to watch the F1 live but we can't get the player to work on any device in the house.

We've tried 2 windows machines and a mac laptop so far. We've tried multiple re-installs as well as re-starting the router.

Seeing as the F1 is in 30 mins We might have to find a pirate stream!

30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you! Downloaded app on ipad and has activated my pass 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem!! tried everything to watch F1 and football Refund please!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Got that error, too. Activated the pass via your smartphone should do the trick - I'm now able to watch it on my laptop. You'll have to download the app and sign in. Once you select your stream it will activate your day pass.

Ridiculously complicated.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

that just worked for me too tanoui. I agree, unnecessarily longwinded! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ditto. Now TV = complete con

Anonymous User
Not applicable

same 

useless and a tenner spent 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, exactly this!

I have had a calvacade of issues today. Bought a sports day pass to watch the Monaco GP then Southampton vs West Ham. The Now TV player did not work on either of my PCs (work laptop and my clunky old PC), so I ended up finally being able to watch on my phone (not an optimal experience) once the race was already 18 laps in. Then I go to switch to Southampton vs. West Ham, except it's on Sky One, so I can't watch it as I have a sports package and apparently the football game between Southampton and West Ham is not included in my SPORTS day membership. It is instead in the entertainment package as it's on Sky One. So I try to get a trial of the entertainment package, not allowed, I receive an error code. I then read on this forum thread that the game is available as a "Bonus Stream", except I don't have access to bonus streams as I am not a monthly member, I only have a day pass.

Well, I must say, I bought a sports pass, to watch sports, Now TV (or their sympathisers) will probably come back explaining the issues of your channels, etc. I don't care. I bought a sports pass, I want to watch sports. The 7 games being played today were known about as soon as the schedule for this season was announced. It is also a common occurrence for the last game of the season over previous years, it was not an unexpected event. I am so, so glad that now TV only have £9.99 of my money as I will not be giving them another penny. Abysmal.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

If you were unable to watch sports content today, I would highly recommend to complain with NOW staff directly on live chat.

Just make sure to click “chat online”.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Alternatively send an email to customer support. Address is on the below picture.

gavs82008_0-1621784094071.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @gavs82008 

Appreciate you trying to help. Have tried twice to go on live chat only for the button to not actually do anything... Have sent an email instead, so let's see how long that takes to get answered.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Can only imagine how frustrated it must be for you to try use the player for it to fail.

It’s one thing I would consider lucky not using my laptop to stream NOW and also that I don’t have an active sports membership. 

Have you tried another browser for live chat? As I know it can be picky with some browsers from time to time.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help