cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mentor

Re: Now TV Player Serious Issues with Mac

I suggest that this I s not really a serious issue for Sky upper management or their accountants. "If it works on your iPad, what are you complaining about?" was the vibe I got. Then it was "Can I go now?" The help line operatives are just cannon fodder. Can't really see Sky training up teams of affable Mary Poppins stroke Kwik Fit style technicians to make house calls to help us whiney namby pamby Mac users. Cheapo Windows PC, Cricfree and Adblocker anyone? There! I've said it. Wouldn't do it though. I'm one of these mugs that believes in paying for their entertainment. But why am I being poo’d on?

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Everyones issue seems ever so slightly different. I have managed to install the app.. but whenever I try and watch something I get an 'f20000' error message - which the advice for that is, sign out and back in - which DOES NOT WORK... Im currently paying for the sky sports package which i now cannot watch (i dont have a TV). I will be complaining as this is not a cheap service to just throw money away while i cannot use it!!

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

I have this issue too - either get the f20000 error or 2002 error when watching on nowtv player on mac. sound goes off first, then either circles appear or just stops. Occasionally will get a section (just watched) repeating itself. internet speed is fine. No-one else using internet. Happens on a regular and consistent basis.

0 Thanks
Highlighted

Sick of issues withNOWTV Catch Up Channels. Am I the only one that seems to have issues with all the channels?

My box seems to have a life of its own and at least THREE times a day it freezes and resets itself! For no apparent reason! Different catch up channels have different issues. Watching, conrolling - I.e pausing, starting, FFW, it is ridiculous! NETFLIX does not have issues, the actual individual sites have no issues but if you inroduce NOW TV it fails for one reason or another consistantly yet in the many times
I have attempted to solve these issues
The agent I have been on Live Chat with has "disappeared into the ethos" in other words they "virtually hang up and could not care less. I have explored every avenue but have received zero info or help. I am aware NOW TV is a subsidiary of SKY yet they will not help you with it. I think this requires subscribers to all complain. Due to
Now tv not bing available via telephone I would suggest contacting the ombudsman?'
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: nowtv wont work on my laptop

So I have been using NowTV on my Macbook laptop for a while now. The a couple of weeks back a message popped up and stupidly I didnt really read it a just clicked. 

Now it doesnt seem to work and I don't know how to fix it. 

Cant seem to send the screenshot of the "failed to open page" but the final bit of it says, "because OS X doesnt recognise internet address begining with "nowtvplayer:"."

Any help please?

Tags (2)
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

since the app appeared I now cannot watch NOW TV, waste of cash

nowtvplayer://live/2510?territory=uk&section=entertainment&skyUMV=161-Z%252FM%252B1U3w%252FRMEEKQ4lEHVgnmuaceYpaTzl705AhGx%252BHLwS82IwekpNAj0pHUexPb4KXdgUPE8aydPdVDnYO%252FWSxij4q3b7mJOumN8nmG3THiz82AJG995LWdPngZChOQa%252F%252FZYTH6UjRLjVrtfPtSI9f435f8zcDhDGy46UP%252F29ftoOi%252Fs%252B5ABACsol%252FzmeCTCCf29R5ZMpI%252BguwX%252BWKb%252F25xondNd5WHJzyHEtkF4JNkjr4R%252B2jf%252FiDDNjeE4LCjLvJ%252FdeV1Oj1DtP86atPWDwWbYrdE1tmFtPiwNWPBO%252BJHfInOz%252BVYe8ssseXzSGd2kldOOvO%252FSHn0Vj7OXJqj830xEzmpTiis83jQ9v4jUWvltEuIwBlY4YDAo3oZ0wnxNZC3WOrXXPfQjMrDAaWzlTh%252F3FJ%252FwgiBIYIwqs3%252FV2kY%253D

in other words cannot find the player when selecting a live or stored program

Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@CLFISH

Sounds like Safari can’t find where the app is, or possibly you don’t have the app installed on your Mac. It should be sat in your <user Home directory> > Applications folder.

If it's not there try opening up a new private browsing window in Safari (File > New Private Window) and then log into the NOW TV website on there and try to play a movie. It should prompt you to download the install the NOW TV Player app, which should then open when you want to watch a movie.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

I have had this same issue for some time. I went to cancel my subscrption and they offered me a large discount for three months. So once that time us up I'm off. Ive tried everything. Uninstall, reinstall, Now TV app in various locations (inlcuding of course in the app folder) - complete waste of time. I've been fobbed off with customer service fairy tales; "never heard of this problem before" ... "it must be a problem with your computer" ... "theres a new update that will 100% fix this issue" ... "your internet is too slow" yeah my 200mbp super fast broad band - im not trying to stream 20 4k live video feeds from Mars! 

There is no answer or solution becuase SKY is not interested in creating one. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

4 months later still the same blank screens, help centre no use whatsoever just broken links, this is the most apalling experience I have ever had......and I have to pay for the privilege and get NOTHING

IS THIS GOING TO BE FIXED?

WHEN WILL IT BE FIXED?

There must be other suppliers anyone got ant ideas?

Highlighted

There is a solution but customer care wanted me to just give the answer away.. not a chance tbh I wanted free subscription and they would even negotiate. Just a straight tell us or we’re not interested. So I’m not telling them as they are probably paying an agency cazzilions for the programming of the app which doesn’t work.. the fix is sooo simple too!