cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Player Serious Issues with Mac

I have been using Now TV for around 3 weeks now and i am having serious issues with the Now TV player when watching Now TV programs. 

There is some very serious buffering, audio stops, scenes jumping back and forth and picture freezing.

It's basically impossible to watch anything.

Until a couple of days ago i could at least play programs using Silevrlight player when using Safari (with no issues whatsoever) but now even Safari asks for the Now Tv Player, the same as Chrome and Firefox have always done since the beginning.

I have been checking NOW TV articles about using the NOW TV player with a Mac, done all the troubleshooting for all 3 main browsers, my broadband speed is definitely fast enough not to get buffering etc

The whole thing is extremply frustrating and I really hope that NOW TV player can be fixed to work properly on Mac very soon 😞

Anyone got any feedback please?

48 REPLIES 48
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had this same issue for some time. I went to cancel my subscrption and they offered me a large discount for three months. So once that time us up I'm off. Ive tried everything. Uninstall, reinstall, Now TV app in various locations (inlcuding of course in the app folder) - complete waste of time. I've been fobbed off with customer service fairy tales; "never heard of this problem before" ... "it must be a problem with your computer" ... "theres a new update that will 100% fix this issue" ... "your internet is too slow" yeah my 200mbp super fast broad band - im not trying to stream 20 4k live video feeds from Mars! 

There is no answer or solution becuase SKY is not interested in creating one. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

since the app appeared I now cannot watch NOW TV, waste of cash

nowtvplayer://live/2510?territory=uk&section=entertainment&skyUMV=161-Z%252FM%252B1U3w%252FRMEEKQ4lEHVgnmuaceYpaTzl705AhGx%252BHLwS82IwekpNAj0pHUexPb4KXdgUPE8aydPdVDnYO%252FWSxij4q3b7mJOumN8nmG3THiz82AJG995LWdPngZChOQa%252F%252FZYTH6UjRLjVrtfPtSI9f435f8zcDhDGy46UP%252F29ftoOi%252Fs%252B5ABACsol%252FzmeCTCCf29R5ZMpI%252BguwX%252BWKb%252F25xondNd5WHJzyHEtkF4JNkjr4R%252B2jf%252FiDDNjeE4LCjLvJ%252FdeV1Oj1DtP86atPWDwWbYrdE1tmFtPiwNWPBO%252BJHfInOz%252BVYe8ssseXzSGd2kldOOvO%252FSHn0Vj7OXJqj830xEzmpTiis83jQ9v4jUWvltEuIwBlY4YDAo3oZ0wnxNZC3WOrXXPfQjMrDAaWzlTh%252F3FJ%252FwgiBIYIwqs3%252FV2kY%253D

in other words cannot find the player when selecting a live or stored program

Anonymous User
Not applicable

4 months later still the same blank screens, help centre no use whatsoever just broken links, this is the most apalling experience I have ever had......and I have to pay for the privilege and get NOTHING

IS THIS GOING TO BE FIXED?

WHEN WILL IT BE FIXED?

There must be other suppliers anyone got ant ideas?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

There is a solution but customer care wanted me to just give the answer away.. not a chance tbh I wanted free subscription and they would even negotiate. Just a straight tell us or we’re not interested. So I’m not telling them as they are probably paying an agency cazzilions for the programming of the app which doesn’t work.. the fix is sooo simple too!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Come on nowtv give them a free subscription so we can use the player...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I took out a subscription in September and found that I couldn't use my Mac to play nowTV programmes, although it works fine on my iPhone, iPad and SamsungTV. The audio is OK, but there is no video. 

NowTV Help took me through all the usual things, which were done many times over a period of a couple of weeks, and eventually the fault was 'escalated'. However, I have heard nothing since then, in spite of politely asking them to give me an indication of when it might be fixed. 

Does anyone know the latest situation with this issue? As far as I can tell, it seems to have been a problem since early 2017 at least.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I spoke with them yesterday via live chat and the only suggestion given was that they would escalate the case. I can't understand why this isn't a bigger issue for them. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My issues are:
Now TV Player installs OK
Silver light installs OK, and is configured in Safari OK
Start a stream on nowtv.com and launches Player OK
Player sits with the spinning circles (buffering??) and never starts the program/show
Haven’t found a specific thread about the spinning circles.

Content plays fine on iPhone
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update on our situation.

Tried this on our iMac, and it works fine.

Silverlight turned OFF

Running Sierra and Safari 10

Followed the instructions as per the NowTV "how to" and it just worked.

Stream started fine in the Player within about 10sec of initiating the stream.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been having the exact same issues, and whenever I have been on live chat they have no real answers.

Just continuously tell me to uninstall and reinstall, but they never mention why there's spinning circles but nothing loading!