cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mentor

Re: Now TV Player Serious Issues with Mac

Come on nowtv give them a free subscription so we can use the player...

Highlighted
Advocate

I took out a subscription in September and found that I couldn't use my Mac to play nowTV programmes, although it works fine on my iPhone, iPad and SamsungTV. The audio is OK, but there is no video. 

NowTV Help took me through all the usual things, which were done many times over a period of a couple of weeks, and eventually the fault was 'escalated'. However, I have heard nothing since then, in spite of politely asking them to give me an indication of when it might be fixed. 

Does anyone know the latest situation with this issue? As far as I can tell, it seems to have been a problem since early 2017 at least.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

I spoke with them yesterday via live chat and the only suggestion given was that they would escalate the case. I can't understand why this isn't a bigger issue for them. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

My issues are:
Now TV Player installs OK
Silver light installs OK, and is configured in Safari OK
Start a stream on nowtv.com and launches Player OK
Player sits with the spinning circles (buffering??) and never starts the program/show
Haven’t found a specific thread about the spinning circles.

Content plays fine on iPhone
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Update on our situation.

Tried this on our iMac, and it works fine.

Silverlight turned OFF

Running Sierra and Safari 10

Followed the instructions as per the NowTV "how to" and it just worked.

Stream started fine in the Player within about 10sec of initiating the stream.

0 Thanks
Highlighted

Afaict, the OS X player is completely broken. It worked once, I've not been able to make it work since. We will not be continuing our subscription due to this. Probably a good idea to QA software before you release it. 

Highlighted
Mentor

I can get the player to work in my Mac either. When switching to full screen the picture distorts:

[video]

Numerous other posts in this forum have remained unanswered:

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mac-OS/Video-horribly-distorted-when-I-go-full-screen-on-a-2560x1440/...

No reaction whatsoever from NOW TV support.

They keep on telling me to wait for an update.

It’s been three weeks and I had it!!!

0 Thanks
Highlighted

My Now tv was working on my mac until a month ago then it started to load when it took me off safari and onto the now tv app i have tried multiple times for this problem to fix but nothing has worked, very disappointed as i am paying for a product which i can not access.
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

I have been having the exact same issues, and whenever I have been on live chat they have no real answers.

Just continuously tell me to uninstall and reinstall, but they never mention why there's spinning circles but nothing loading!

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

In case anyone hasn't noticed, NOW TV have posted a trial update to the NOW TV Player app for Mac, anyone still having problems might want to try it out and see if it helps.

More details here

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mac-OS/Getting-the-f20000-error/m-p/448019#M3669

0 Thanks