cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Player Serious Issues with Mac

I have been using Now TV for around 3 weeks now and i am having serious issues with the Now TV player when watching Now TV programs. 

There is some very serious buffering, audio stops, scenes jumping back and forth and picture freezing.

It's basically impossible to watch anything.

Until a couple of days ago i could at least play programs using Silevrlight player when using Safari (with no issues whatsoever) but now even Safari asks for the Now Tv Player, the same as Chrome and Firefox have always done since the beginning.

I have been checking NOW TV articles about using the NOW TV player with a Mac, done all the troubleshooting for all 3 main browsers, my broadband speed is definitely fast enough not to get buffering etc

The whole thing is extremply frustrating and I really hope that NOW TV player can be fixed to work properly on Mac very soon 😞

Anyone got any feedback please?

48 REPLIES 48
Anonymous User
Not applicable

just to add to the fun i received 2 emails from NOW TV tech team today (as i contacted them via email about the issue, and yes and also via live chat with obviously no positive result whatsoever coming from either) saying that the issue was resolved and that i could now INSTALL the NOW TV player on my computer.

But i have never contacted them about not being able to install the player, i only contacted them about the issues we are discussing on this thread.

Of course i tried the player and it still doesn't work.

The email also said 'happy watching' - LOLZ

Anonymous User
Not applicable

having same ongoing issue and also been emailed by NowTV saying its working and to enjoy. It isnt working. NowTV acknowkedge this at least!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue. Quits at end of installation. Why have they taken the stream in browser option away if the app is so buggy?? Totally unacceptable. I haven't even bothered with the customer support because they were so useless when I had the same problem at Xmas. Only if all Mac users quit the service might they actually do something about it. Shocking service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had no problems at all previously using it before.

If its not fixed soon,i will finish up what i'm watching and quit. No way am i paying for that kind of service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I suggest that this I s not really a serious issue for Sky upper management or their accountants. "If it works on your iPad, what are you complaining about?" was the vibe I got. Then it was "Can I go now?" The help line operatives are just cannon fodder. Can't really see Sky training up teams of affable Mary Poppins stroke Kwik Fit style technicians to make house calls to help us whiney namby pamby Mac users. Cheapo Windows PC, Cricfree and Adblocker anyone? There! I've said it. Wouldn't do it though. I'm one of these mugs that believes in paying for their entertainment. But why am I being poo’d on?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Everyones issue seems ever so slightly different. I have managed to install the app.. but whenever I try and watch something I get an 'f20000' error message - which the advice for that is, sign out and back in - which DOES NOT WORK... Im currently paying for the sky sports package which i now cannot watch (i dont have a TV). I will be complaining as this is not a cheap service to just throw money away while i cannot use it!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have this issue too - either get the f20000 error or 2002 error when watching on nowtv player on mac. sound goes off first, then either circles appear or just stops. Occasionally will get a section (just watched) repeating itself. internet speed is fine. No-one else using internet. Happens on a regular and consistent basis.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sick of issues withNOWTV Catch Up Channels. Am I the only one that seems to have issues with all the channels?

My box seems to have a life of its own and at least THREE times a day it freezes and resets itself! For no apparent reason! Different catch up channels have different issues. Watching, conrolling - I.e pausing, starting, FFW, it is ridiculous! NETFLIX does not have issues, the actual individual sites have no issues but if you inroduce NOW TV it fails for one reason or another consistantly yet in the many times
I have attempted to solve these issues
The agent I have been on Live Chat with has "disappeared into the ethos" in other words they "virtually hang up and could not care less. I have explored every avenue but have received zero info or help. I am aware NOW TV is a subsidiary of SKY yet they will not help you with it. I think this requires subscribers to all complain. Due to
Now tv not bing available via telephone I would suggest contacting the ombudsman?'
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So I have been using NowTV on my Macbook laptop for a while now. The a couple of weeks back a message popped up and stupidly I didnt really read it a just clicked. 

Now it doesnt seem to work and I don't know how to fix it. 

Cant seem to send the screenshot of the "failed to open page" but the final bit of it says, "because OS X doesnt recognise internet address begining with "nowtvplayer:"."

Any help please?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Sounds like Safari can’t find where the app is, or possibly you don’t have the app installed on your Mac. It should be sat in your <user Home directory> > Applications folder.

If it's not there try opening up a new private browsing window in Safari (File > New Private Window) and then log into the NOW TV website on there and try to play a movie. It should prompt you to download the install the NOW TV Player app, which should then open when you want to watch a movie.