cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate

Re: Now TV Player Serious Issues with Mac

I'm also having serious issues with the player on my Macbook Pro. It opens but as soon as I click on something I want to watch it's just spin spin spin spin spin...nothing will actually play. Before anyone from Sky asks, yes i've tried deleting and reinstalling the app, playing on Firefox rather than Safari or Chrome, crossing my fingers while dancing on the spot and reciting the Lord's Prayer etc...  

The response on Live Chat at the weekend was 'We'll pass it on to the technical team" (huh? i'd kind of hoped it was the technical team i was talking to given that i have a technical problem) and 'they'll email when it's fixed'. Erm...so in the meantime, for days weeks or possibly months i've got a player i can't use?

As others have said here, bring back playing off the browser - why on earth get rid of that when your player doesn't work?

Highlighted
Mentor

Im yet ANOTHER MacBook Pro user who is paying for a service that doesnt work.......

Every few months I have this issue.....it works....then they update and you know what.....it doesnt work. I know I am just one subscriber but I think if this isnt sorted soon, like day or two, Im just gonna cancel and stick with services like Netflix that DELIVER what I pay for.

Highlighted
Advocate

The new NOW TV Player will not work on my MacBook. I have tried all the fixes no go. I have contacted Apple about the error f20000. They say it's not my Mac it is the Now Player software. 

IAM NOT HAPPY Smiley Frustrated

The help contact with NOW was most unhelpful. 

Highlighted
Mentor

Nadine-K, What planet are you on? This is bizarre. Somebody's having a laugh, surely. Maybe it's a conspiracy to make Mac users buy PC's.

Highlighted

so i've been round and round in circles with hrs spent on support to no avail..

tried all the alleged fixes to get the app working. old firefox/safari/silverlight.. In all tried on 3 different macbooks with 6 different operating systems and managed to get it working on the 2nd boot on my main machine which is fine at the weekend but less than useless during working hours.. after another fruitless session on chat and another 2 hrs being told nothing i had an idea about a fix....

My main problem was that the app wouldn't install after downloading.. so couldn't get any further and nothing doing.. So i copied the extracted app from the 2nd boot (which worked) from user/applications and dropped it into the other boots in the user/application folder and hey presto it works!!!

got it working on 10.9.5 and 10.12.3

Anyone interested in the extracted app let me know... 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

I can get the player to work but the picture goes in and out of focus. Its extremely annoying and if it continues im probably going to have to cancel.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

just to add to the fun i received 2 emails from NOW TV tech team today (as i contacted them via email about the issue, and yes and also via live chat with obviously no positive result whatsoever coming from either) saying that the issue was resolved and that i could now INSTALL the NOW TV player on my computer.

But i have never contacted them about not being able to install the player, i only contacted them about the issues we are discussing on this thread.

Of course i tried the player and it still doesn't work.

The email also said 'happy watching' - LOLZ

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

Same issue. Quits at end of installation. Why have they taken the stream in browser option away if the app is so buggy?? Totally unacceptable. I haven't even bothered with the customer support because they were so useless when I had the same problem at Xmas. Only if all Mac users quit the service might they actually do something about it. Shocking service.

Highlighted
Mentor

Had no problems at all previously using it before.

If its not fixed soon,i will finish up what i'm watching and quit. No way am i paying for that kind of service.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

having same ongoing issue and also been emailed by NowTV saying its working and to enjoy. It isnt working. NowTV acknowkedge this at least!

0 Thanks