cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Player Serious Issues with Mac

I have been using Now TV for around 3 weeks now and i am having serious issues with the Now TV player when watching Now TV programs. 

There is some very serious buffering, audio stops, scenes jumping back and forth and picture freezing.

It's basically impossible to watch anything.

Until a couple of days ago i could at least play programs using Silevrlight player when using Safari (with no issues whatsoever) but now even Safari asks for the Now Tv Player, the same as Chrome and Firefox have always done since the beginning.

I have been checking NOW TV articles about using the NOW TV player with a Mac, done all the troubleshooting for all 3 main browsers, my broadband speed is definitely fast enough not to get buffering etc

The whole thing is extremply frustrating and I really hope that NOW TV player can be fixed to work properly on Mac very soon 😞

Anyone got any feedback please?

48 REPLIES 48
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nadine-K, What planet are you on? This is bizarre. Somebody's having a laugh, surely. Maybe it's a conspiracy to make Mac users buy PC's.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just saw this as I believe this issue still applies to me...SERIOUSLY!!!! YOU ARE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH SAFARI, CHROME OR FIREFOX...Has to be the funniest thing I've ever heard. These are the most mainstream browsers out there apart from obvious IE. Feedback to technical development dep: DO NOT CREATE A PRODUCT THAT CANNOT WORK FOR 50% OF PEOPLE.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Really? Oh, ###### off!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

same issue. bought pass to watcht the lions tour. absolute joke. Response please

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also experiencing problems with the new NowTv player download. Everytime I open it to watch something my MacBook freezes for a good 5 minutes. I have to wait several minutes and then force quit when my keyboard shortcut actually works as my mouse wont respond the whole time it is open.
I can't use Now TV at all right now and if this is not resolved I will have to cancel my subscription. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm also having serious issues with the player on my Macbook Pro. It opens but as soon as I click on something I want to watch it's just spin spin spin spin spin...nothing will actually play. Before anyone from Sky asks, yes i've tried deleting and reinstalling the app, playing on Firefox rather than Safari or Chrome, crossing my fingers while dancing on the spot and reciting the Lord's Prayer etc...  

The response on Live Chat at the weekend was 'We'll pass it on to the technical team" (huh? i'd kind of hoped it was the technical team i was talking to given that i have a technical problem) and 'they'll email when it's fixed'. Erm...so in the meantime, for days weeks or possibly months i've got a player i can't use?

As others have said here, bring back playing off the browser - why on earth get rid of that when your player doesn't work?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Im yet ANOTHER MacBook Pro user who is paying for a service that doesnt work.......

Every few months I have this issue.....it works....then they update and you know what.....it doesnt work. I know I am just one subscriber but I think if this isnt sorted soon, like day or two, Im just gonna cancel and stick with services like Netflix that DELIVER what I pay for.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

so i've been round and round in circles with hrs spent on support to no avail..

tried all the alleged fixes to get the app working. old firefox/safari/silverlight.. In all tried on 3 different macbooks with 6 different operating systems and managed to get it working on the 2nd boot on my main machine which is fine at the weekend but less than useless during working hours.. after another fruitless session on chat and another 2 hrs being told nothing i had an idea about a fix....

My main problem was that the app wouldn't install after downloading.. so couldn't get any further and nothing doing.. So i copied the extracted app from the 2nd boot (which worked) from user/applications and dropped it into the other boots in the user/application folder and hey presto it works!!!

got it working on 10.9.5 and 10.12.3

Anyone interested in the extracted app let me know... 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can get the player to work but the picture goes in and out of focus. Its extremely annoying and if it continues im probably going to have to cancel.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would be interested! I'm having problems on 10.9.5... 😞