cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Player Not Working

Last week I accepted an update to my Windows 10 Now TV Player and it immediately stopped working. Just gave me "Opps something went wrong" Error code 20000. Couldn't find anything then that would fix it, but did get \n app to work downloaded direct from the Windows App Store.

Left it for a week, to see if it got sorted. Today I deleted all my Chrome cookies to get the Now TV website to offer me a Now TV Player Download. So I completed a clean installation of the Now TV Player on my Windows 10 PC, running the Chrome browser, and it still doesn't work. Getting the same message and error code when I click on the Now Player website to watch an episode. 

This is the second time that the Now TV Player has turned up it's toes in the last month, so I am unlikely to renew my subscription if it carries on like this. 

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had the same problem, enabling the aero theme fixed it (though I'm using 7)

It is utterly bizarre that the update would break the viewer on such a small thing, but there it is.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I did a quick Google, and apparently there is a "hidden" Aero Lite theme in Windows 10, but you have to manually change things to get it to work. I won't bother, as I am not going to start messing about at that level just to get Now TV to work om my PC.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can confirm, I was on a Win 7 PC with Aero disabled and was getting player errors. Enabled, everything works. 

Many thanks!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Enabling aero theme does work, just tried it.  I'm using windows 7.  Here is a link to the thread about it.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/PC-Mac/What-s-up-with-this-new-version-of-NowTV-player-6-1-0-0/td-p/4...