cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Player - Continuous Loading

Im on Windows 10 and using Firefox. I have downloaded the Now TV Player but it never loads the show.

The very first night I installed it it worked without an issue. However, ever since then I just have the four swirling circles and it never even loads how long the program will be let alone starts trying to buffer it. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I also tried uninstalling Microsoft Silverlight.

I've checked Avast and added *nowtv.com/* to the allowed list. I've also made sure Windows Firewall allows the Now TV Player. I've tried loading up nowtv.com on Microsoft Edge instead to see if that could communicate better with the player but no luck.

I've closed down all programs that might be using bandwidth to make sure thats not the issue. However, task manager shows that even now tv player isn't using any network, let alone anything else.

I'm completely out of ideas now and exceedingly frustrated. I would like to watch things on my PC while doing other stuff rather than only being able to use the box on my TV.

Additionally I removed devices to make sure they weren't stopping my PC (but since it worked a couple nights ago when I first installed it I knew that wasn't the issue).

Anyone got any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hi Welcome to the fourm,

It sounds lik buffering from the nowtv player, When you watch NOW TV, the video stream isn’t sent to your device in one go. Instead it’s sent in bite-size ‘packets’. If there’s a delay – often caused by a slow network – your show pauses while it waits for the next packet.

try a few helpful tips here; https://help.nowtv.com/article/fix-slow-loading-buffering

thank the nowtv team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So bassiccaly I had exact same issue spent hour trying to resolve this. I tried everything possible. However one weird trick solved it. It sounds weird at first but go into control panel. Then click on change theme. (Yes I said theme) change the theme to an aero theme. So not bassiccaly or windows 7. Hope this helps pls let me know if it don't work for u.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi There,

I'm wondering if you ever got this sorted? I am experiencing a very similar scenario except on Mac. Worked fine first time. However, I left it on pause for a long time. It crashed. My computer refused to close (as it couldn't shut it down). I had to turn the power off at the switch. Since then, like you, I've been through so much trouble uninstalling/reinstalling. Guys at Now TV talking me through. Why would it work like a dream the first time and now all I get is the endless non-loading (Now TV Player buffering - black screen and the little coloured balls buffering endlesly).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am experiencing the same problems too. I have also uninstalled/installed Silverlight as a previous thread and unticked the bottom box shut down/restart still wont play??? Frustrated Ive bought a week sports pass 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi folks,

I got my Now TV player working by uninstalling and then tracking the app down on the Windows store rather than letting the website install it. Its worked every since then.