cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Player App doesn't work on Macs with Intel Graphics Cards

Hi,

As per the title the app doesn't work, you only get sound and no picture.

How can this be the case that a brand new app was allowed to ship like this? It's meant to resolve the issues with your reliance on silverlight but it's useless if it doesn't work on a majority of Macs. Not only that those with discrete graphics cards require the user to force the Mac to use it before launching the Now TV Player.

What's being done to fix this?

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the app running on my Macbook with Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB. Seems to be more specific than what you suggest.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Our tech teams are working on it to get a fix deployed. Should have an update soon.

Thanks

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @Anonymous User

How was it allowed to ship like that though? Totally untested.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When is there likely to be a fix in place?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Eddie, still doesnt work. I have cancelled my subscription. I see these posts are from early 2016 and the problem still is not fixed which is a bit dissapointing and pretty poor considering your company's size and resources.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello EddieM,

I'm a new subscriber to Now TV and have found this thread in search for a solution to the same problem.

I am a Mac user and have installed the Now TV Player (I do not have or want to get Silverlight) 

To my disappointment I am only able to get the Player to play sound and NO picture! 

Where can we expect 'Now TV' to release an update with a fix!?

Many Thanks!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Our tech teams are working to resolve the issues with the Mac player. We don't currently have a timeframe for when this will be however i will chase it up in the morning.

Thanks

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hello EddieM,

I'm a new subscriber to Now TV and have found this thread in search for a solution to the same problem.

I am a Mac user and have installed the Now TV Player (I do not have or want to get Silverlight) 

To my disappointment I am only able to get the Player to play sound and NO picture! 

Where can we expect 'Now TV' to release an update with a fix!?

Many Thanks!

We're actively working to address this. I've posted a quick update on this issue here, so it would be useful to get some of your info too:

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mac-OS/Mac-black-screen/m-p/418310#M2096

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Definitely seeems to be more specific than just intel GPUs. The player works fine on my MacBook Air with an Intel 5000. What graphics card does your Mac have? And what model/year is it?