cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Player App doesn't work on Macs with Intel Graphics Cards

Hi,

As per the title the app doesn't work, you only get sound and no picture.

How can this be the case that a brand new app was allowed to ship like this? It's meant to resolve the issues with your reliance on silverlight but it's useless if it doesn't work on a majority of Macs. Not only that those with discrete graphics cards require the user to force the Mac to use it before launching the Now TV Player.

What's being done to fix this?

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi, i have a macbook pro -

Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB and have the same issue. Blank screen, but with sound. I am currently on a trial, unless this gets fixed i will just cancel any future subscription to NowTV

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

While we are waiting for a fix for the app, if you have Silverlight installed on your machine, you can still use Firefox to watch in-browser via Silverlight (if you don't have Silverlight installed Firefox also prompts  to install the app).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hmmm just signed up for NOWTV and found this issue too and i only use macs, not a good first impression.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Black screen here on a bog standard macbook pro.  <slow clap> well done now tv </slow clap>  The entire might of the sky tv empire and a cr4ppy silverlight plugin and this is the best you can come up with.  Utter incompetence.  Almost as if you want to turn people off online viewing in favour of old-school expensive satellite subscriptions...

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous UserIs that a black screen in the browser window or in the NOW TV app? If it,s in the browser window which browser are you using?