cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV App Not Working on Windows 10

I had been using the Now TV app for Windows 10 since late September with no issues.  About two weeks ago, I was spontaneously logged out of the app and when I attempted to login again it kept telling me to visit nowtv.com/status.  I did this and it claimed the broadband was running slow.  I ran all of the diagnostics and followed all of the reset procedure, which got the broadband back to full speed.  However, the app still would not let me login.  Two weeks later I have uninstalled and re-installed the app at least 5 times and have continued to check that the broadband and TV are running as they should be, but am never able to login. 

I contacted Now TV via their online chat feature and was advised to download the Now TV player.  They offered no solution to the app problem via online chat.  The user interface is terrible and clunky, it regularly crashes when trying to play follow on episodes, and I have to clear the cookies and browsing data in my Google Chrome every other day to keep it working.  

Has anyone else had this issue with the Now TV app on Windows 10 that they have managed to resolve?  I only use the service on my laptop so this issue is really starting to make the service not worth paying for .  I would greatly appreciate any help.

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's just bypassing the app and using a web player and a workaround that has been offered by Now TV. It's not a solution to the sign in issue of the app...unless I'm missing something.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

IDK if this will work for anyone else, but I fixed this by using regedit to edit the registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\nowtvplayer\shell\open\command

And put quotes around the C:\Users\username\...\Now TV Player.exe path. Don't quote the entire key, just the path to the now tv player exe.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User you genius!!!

I started a trial and couldn't get nothing (app or player to work) and doing this fixed it!!

You should let the techs for the app know because they couldn't recommend a decent fix for this issue. At least I can use the player now.. I still don't think I will continue after the trial because frankly everything should be maintained enough to work out of the box on any device without carrying out reg modifications and constantly uninstalling appdata files.

Well done though great find!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been trying to download the app on my laptop windows 10 since 3rd November and i have followed all the advice they gave me on live chat, but it still does not work

Ceejay_London
Scholar

Are you using the App from the Windows Store?

Or are you using the executable downloadable from the link on this web page?

How To Watch On Windows (nowtv.com)

Basically the App from the Windows store no longer works and you have to instead use the executable linked from the help page which will open & play the programs you select from this website.

NB: If you previously used the Windows Store app you may have to remove it from your device list before you can add the Windows Executable player as a new device if you are close to your device limit.