cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV App Not Working on Windows 10

I had been using the Now TV app for Windows 10 since late September with no issues.  About two weeks ago, I was spontaneously logged out of the app and when I attempted to login again it kept telling me to visit nowtv.com/status.  I did this and it claimed the broadband was running slow.  I ran all of the diagnostics and followed all of the reset procedure, which got the broadband back to full speed.  However, the app still would not let me login.  Two weeks later I have uninstalled and re-installed the app at least 5 times and have continued to check that the broadband and TV are running as they should be, but am never able to login. 

I contacted Now TV via their online chat feature and was advised to download the Now TV player.  They offered no solution to the app problem via online chat.  The user interface is terrible and clunky, it regularly crashes when trying to play follow on episodes, and I have to clear the cookies and browsing data in my Google Chrome every other day to keep it working.  

Has anyone else had this issue with the Now TV app on Windows 10 that they have managed to resolve?  I only use the service on my laptop so this issue is really starting to make the service not worth paying for .  I would greatly appreciate any help.

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too have been recently logged out of the app on windows 10 which was always working fine before. Have been unable to get it working again, tried uninstalling/reinstalling etc but still get the somethings not right message. It would seem that Sky don't seem to care about fixing the app and instead direct people to download the player which you have to use in conjunction with a browser which is clunky and a pain. Like you I don't think I will be renewing my passes if they don't bother to fix the app. They obviously aren't bothered about keeping their customers then are they...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here, tried reinstallation several times, the app won't accept my login details, logging in from website ok, but won't play any content. Fed up with this rubbish app, works on PS4 and I pad, my wife has it on her tablet but that's not listed as a device in use. Now TV is a broken system and is pathetic if it can't sync with Windows 10. Sky like taking your money but where's the support for this piece of **** ?!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any news on now fixing this app for now tv? I’d rather not to the unofficial fix that’s quoted here. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

They wont fix it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What is the point of having an app that isn't working? 

Surely, they are driving customers (and I'm a new customer) into the arms of the competition!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What competition?

The windows app was made for Windows 8.

It's a wonder it worked in 10 at all...

They don't care, that's for sure...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anonymous User
Not applicable

its pretty simple

you just need to sign into now tv from the web click the menu on the lest install nowtvplayer and then back to the web click what you want to watch and it will open the player app