cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now Player App no longer working on Mac Big Sur 11.6

As of today when using the Now Player App it loads, starts to show the requested content and after about 30 seconds an error box pops up stating that "something" is wrong and the player app needs to close.  

I have tried:

(1) Deleting the App

(2) Removing all cookies

(3) Rebooting my router

(4) Restarting my Mac

(5) Reinstalling the Now Player

But the same thing happens.  It appears to be non-content related, that is to say its no related to a specific programme, it happens whatever I try to watch on Now.  This only applies when I try to watch Now on this Mac, it does not for example affect my Now account on other devices.

I am at a loss what else to try.  Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've now resolved this.  The solution was to ask my ISP to reset the router remotely.  This does seem to have solved the problem.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem running Catalina on my mac driving me nuts 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Its frustrating that there doesn't seem to be any way of getting hold of any technical help from NOW themselves.  Their chat bot can't deal with it and they just refer you to the Community.  That's great if someone on here has the answer and is kind enough to share it but its a little hit and miss!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I tried the online chat and spoke with 2 ‘real’

people but their advice didn’t work. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just signed up as a new customer a few minutes ago and my MAC gets a message saying recording software detected and tells me to close the the program plus all the steps in your message. Not a good start to my NOW experience.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've now resolved this.  The solution was to ask my ISP to reset the router remotely.  This does seem to have solved the problem.