cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not compatible with Chrome OS

Good afternoon.

I just signed up to a 7 day trial with Now TV based on the TV app, I'm already a Sky customer with the full package at Home.

Anyway, I just got an email saying the Entertainment pass is activated on the 7 day trial, but I am using the Google Chrome browser on Chrome OS and it says it's not compatible?!

I would therefore like to cancel the 7 day trial immediately because I obviously can't use it due to browser and OS incompatibility.

I downloaded the app on my Android phone, but that probably doesn't work either.

• PC
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you are using a Chromebook then i believe this device is not currently supported by NowTV.

Your Android phone should work with the NowTV App from the Play Store as long has the phone is  UK spec and not rooted.

Here's a guide on what devices you can use whilst watching NowTV.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

To cancel your 7 day trial or pass go to the NowTV website and select My Account > Passes & Vouchers where you should see a cancel button next to your pass.

When you cancel, make sure you follow all the steps on screen until you get the green thumbs up message that you have successfully cancelled a pass, then go back to Passes & Vouchers where it should show cancelled next to the pass.

You should also get an email notification that you have cancelled a pass on your account.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a Chromebook (Asus C434) and never want to go back to a Windows pc!  What's especially irritating is that the Android app used to work but now just says 'not compatible with your device'.  There aren't many Android apps that don't work on Chromebooks.  I just don't get it...but Chromebook users need to know (BEFORE signing up) that Now tv is not for you.  And if you're thinking you can use your Chromebook to install Now tv player via Linux, then guess what - Now tv is not for Linux users either!  Now tv has some excellent programmes but, compared to the likes of Netflix, implementation is truly awful.  Even on Windows and Macs you have to download a dedicated player program before you can get going.  And subtitle support is distinctly patchy.  I wouldn't condone illegally downloading their shows but boy do they deserve it!

Rant over.  The take-away headline is: If you're a Chromebook (or Linux) user, forget Now tv.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User  I have this problem too. NowTV has been working on my chromebook for months and is now suddenly incompatible. Do you know why it has suddenly stopped working?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't understand the strategy AT ALL.  Sorry I can't help.  Just seen another thread with people saying the same thing.  I just don't see the sense in it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly the same issue. Everything was working well and then "Not compatible with this device". Surely it is not all that difficult to keep this working. Anyway I am not going back to Windows either, so they have lost a customer as I just can't watch on my phone. 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Really disappointed in this, I use a chromebook pixel....not a laptop, now can't watch any or my subscribed channels, no warning, that's it

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has Now TV a policy of disabling all the android app on all chromebooks if so good by premier league  except for BT sports. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Now tv app does work on android phone i have downloaded on my phone and it works fine