cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yingying
Advocate

No sound from NOW TV Player app

Hi All

I have the latest NOW TV app on a Windows 10 PC which has been kept up-to-date with the required Windows Updates. Video plays fine and the NOW TV player is working in every respect apart from no sound. My PC is added to my list of devices in my NOW TV account.

Stereo sound works fine for any web-site on any browser (e.g. YouTube.com) and works fine for any Windows app ( e.g. GrooveMusic).

No sound from NOW TV Player app on Windows 10 regardless of what sound output configuration I choose (HDMI, USB Sound Card). I have reinstalled the NOW TV player several times and rebooted the PC several times.

I have Boost so I thought maybe 5.1 surround was the issue but there is no option to choose between 5.1 and stereo in the app. And NOW TV works with just stereo sound on my TV anyway.

Thanks a lot for your help.

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@yingying 

Have you tried to delete and reinstall the player? 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
yingying
Advocate
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest version of the app but there is still no sound.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@yingying 

Unfortunately I have not used Now TV on the player so I cannot offer much more advice. 

As a suggestion head on to live chat to see if Now TV can staff can sort it out for you.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint
Just make sure to click “chat online” within the green box.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
yingying
Advocate

Yes, several times.