cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New NowTV Player - Terrible!

Very, very unhappy with Sky.

Now TV was quite good watching online with website player.

I've just returned to the service; bought a pass; then found I had to download a player.

Did so, and it turned out to be a horrible watching experience.

The video stops and starts; jumps from good to poor quality; making watching a sports game useless.

No, it's not my computer, my browser, nor my connection.

I've been watching BBC player without any problems whatsoever.

This new player uses far too many computer resources:

4 instances of NowTV player running;  tried stopping one and the player failed.

2 Cisco executables running as well

Definitely not thought through before rolling out.

Now, because of the very unfair cancellation terms, I can't get a refund even after just 15 minutes!

There is only a refund for those who do not start the pass.

Even though one cannot know how bad the new service is without starting the service in the first place!

That is more than unfair, it's very poor business.

I've effectively given Sky a donation of 33.99.  Whoopie!!

Why oh why do companies insist on changing perfectly good products???!!!!!

If it ain't broke.....

50 REPLIES 50
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same problem, i looked in the processes running and lo and behold there's a 'cisco videoguard' application using 4gb of ram and 100% cpu, i'm guessing it's DRM so once again the paying customer is punished... 

The only fix at the moment seems to be choosing a different competitor who don't force DRM on their customers. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

completely agree with above-used now tv for years- renewed my suubscription to watch the new GOT-the now tv player uses more than 100% of my CPU capacity so grinds to a holt-total rip off!!!

please fix immediately!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The new NowTV player is garbage. The picture and sound quality is terrible. What has gone wrong?! I am using Windows 10 and the NowTV player app through Edge and I have tried FireFox. 

My NowTV box works fine but sometimes I want to watch it on my computer in another room. 

Nothing like encouraging people to find the episodes from another source.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue. I'm cancelling my subscription as it's unwatchable and it's clearly unlikely to change any time soon (given how long this issue has been known for and the lack of help/updates from NowTV staff/technical support).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Totally agree!!! it's useless! It freezes and  jumps constantly to the point where I'm just watching a series of stills. Much longer and I'll be cancelling my subscription altogether!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Totally agree!!! it's useless! It freezes and  jumps constantly to the point where I'm just watching a series of stills. Much longer and I'll be cancelling my subscription altogether!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yet another day - and I do mean 24 hours - where I have the dreaded orange, purple, blue, green cycling in the centre of my screen.

I have access via NOW TV to very few shows or movies of any value, but those which matter are worth the expenditure. 

Now it appears I have access to nothing at all, despite swallowing the extremely regular "updates" to the player.

I am unsurprised to be losing faith in a SKY product.....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The NowTV player is badly designed. It should have an adjustable Buffer and the option to cache shows locally (e.g. a Download option). Even the most antiquated of computer hardware capable of running the app typically possesses enough storage space and RAM for this to be entirely possible.

The fact that the NowTV app stutters on my computer, a desktop i7 with 32GB of RAM and a permanent wired broadband connection of over 70 Mbps, is utterly ridiculous. Netflix, Amazon, BBC iPlayer and YouTube all run fine.

Start paying for properly skilled app programmers and better bandwidth on your content servers or I will just cancel.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok I've just experianced this today, downloaded the player thinking, wow a dedicated nowtv player program, great job sky!

Unfortunately, the player is trash.  

I have a very expensive, high end gaming pc with one of the best monitors and set of head phones money can buy. Yet the player has shockingly bad quality resolution and sounds so tinny in my sennheiser headphones it makes me want to cancel eveything to do with nowtv.

Get a grip Sky goddamit.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV is without doubt the WORST tv streaming experience imaginable! The player is utterly useless. I have had to reinstall so many times it is ridiculous. Right now it is , once again, not working! For the love of god and all that's holy, look at Netflix and Amazon Video and see how the professionals do it. They don't make the end-user download a garbage player, they simply play in the browser.

While I am at it...

Who created this totally unintuative website of yours? While browsing through the 'highlights' section of your movies (there might be 10 films in this section, or so), if you click on 'more info' of a movie - there is NO BACK BUTTON!!!! This forces you to use your browser back button, and then you are sent back to the start of the 'highlights' section and need to page back through them all again !!!! For god's sake why is there no back button, surely that's website creating 101 !!

This (what you laughingly refer to as) streaming service has been nothing but a problem while trying to view on the pc. Sadly I am forced to use your service as NowTv has the most up-to-date movies and shows, if not I would never ever use this ridiculous service. 

To all who had a hand in building this nightmarish web experience, get a months subscription to Netflix and Amazon Video and witness how a streaming service should really work! There is simply not enough bile in my spleen to truly tell you what I think of this service.