cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bri
Mentor

NOW Windows App not available

Today, the Windows app stopped running when I try and watch a program.

I figured a reinstall was called for, but after uninstalling the app, I can't find it anywhere to download. Clicking the program brings up a windows dialog to visit the windows store, and the NOW TV player on there says it's only for XBox.

Anyone know where i can download it ?

TIA

5 REPLIES 5
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

The following URL should take you straight to it

https://web.static.nowtv.com/watch/player/nowtv/gb/latest/NOWTVPlayer-Windows.exe

Hope this helps😀

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Bri
Mentor

Thanks, yes it downloaded fine.

Unfortunately I'm now back to the original problem and it just quietly crashes every time it runs.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Bri 

what version of Windows are you running?

It used to be a case that older versions of now plan would not be properly removed upon completion of updates. Go to settings, then go to apps and uninstall all versions of the now player you find. Also uninstall any versions of something called 'Cisco video guard'. Upon doing this restart your computer. Then reinstall the now player.

Hope this helps😀

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Bri
Mentor

I'm running Windows 10, and it was working perfectly fine yesterday. First thing I noticed was that when I clicked a program, the browser (Edge) was asking me what app to run. Same thing in Chrome.
So I reinstalled and then when it ran, it just quietly crashes.
I've cleaned the Now player folders in appdata, done a clean install and rebooted, same thing happens.

Event viewer is showing the crash.

Just installed the same download onto another PC and it's all working fine (running the same version of Windows).
Nothing else running that should affect it.

Bri
Mentor

Ah.
I googled for the error in the event log, and came across this thread from 2019.

I couldn't find any Cisco stuff to uninstall, but there was a Cisco folder in my AppData\LocalLow folder, so I deleted that and it's working again.

Thanks 🙂