cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW Tv Player on my MAC not working after update...

Hello NOW TV Community!

I am on a Mac OS 10.11.6 browsing with Google Chrome to watch NowTV.

After updating NOW TV player on my MAC, every time I select a movie/show to watch from the NOW TV website, nothing comes up on the player. Clicking a movie launches the player app, but does not play the selected movie. All I get is a black screen and none of the playback controls work. I have done all the necessary troubleshooting, nothing seems to work.  Before the update, everything was fine. HELP!  It's been like this for almost a week now.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hello NOW TV Community!

I am on a Mac OS 10.11.6 browsing with Google Chrome to watch NowTV.

After updating NOW TV player on my MAC, every time I select a movie/show to watch from the NOW TV website, nothing comes up on the player. Clicking a movie launches the player app, but does not play the selected movie. All I get is a black screen and none of the playback controls work. I have done all the necessary troubleshooting, nothing seems to work.  Before the update, everything was fine. HELP!  It's been like this for almost a week now.

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum 🙂

Check you have the broken release

1. Launch the NOW TV player app

2. Click on "about NOW TV player" in the NOW TVplayer menu in the menu bar

3. Vertify version number is 2.1.0

To resolve

1. Hit command+shift+g From the MacOS X desktop and enter- Library/Cisco/Videoguard8

2. Double click "uninstall.command"

3. Hit command+Shift+G from the Mac OS X desktop and enter -/ Applications move NOW TV player.app to trash

4. Select some content to play and follow the steps to re download the player

Thanks Niamh nowtv team 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Niamh,
As I’ve said I have already done this but the “new version” I download still gives me the same problem. My NowTV Player app is already Version 2.1.3. I have contacted the help team but am still waiting for a response.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

have you had a response? 2.1.4 doesn't work either!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes they say that they are working on it but couldn't tell me when it would be sorted, so I had to cancel my subscription.