cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV won't play

My NOW TV has stopped allowing me to play. I can view menu of shows but when I press play on one the loading symbol flashes on the screen briefly and nothing happens. Today I have uninstalled Silverlight and installed NOW TV player but now, if for example I play on Live TV it will show 4-5 seconds of screen and then go black. 

What is reccommended? I am not very technical at all, but my laptop is new and bought last year (so I'm not sure how to say what platform or software it is running!)

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

My NOW TV has stopped allowing me to play. I can view menu of shows but when I press play on one the loading symbol flashes on the screen briefly and nothing happens. Today I have uninstalled Silverlight and installed NOW TV player but now, if for example I play on Live TV it will show 4-5 seconds of screen and then go black. 

What is reccommended? I am not very technical at all, but my laptop is new and bought last year (so I'm not sure how to say what platform or software it is running!)

Welcome to the forum 🙂

Could you tell us which device this happening on?

Thanks Niamh NOWTV Team 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine won't play on any device. Logs in, shows menus but then just sits there and does not play. Tred logging off and on but no joy

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

What devices have you tried it on?

I always recommend users have at least one actual NowTV device to try at such times; a Stick, if you can exploit the bundled Entertainment Passes, will cost you effectively £4.01, a small price to pay for some extra certainty.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.