cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV won't play on Windows 10

Hi,

Everytime I open the NOWTV player and click on the play button a white power ring briefly flashes up and then vanishes. Nothing happens after this. Could anyone give me some help to get this working again please?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Is the NOW TV Player helper app actually opening, or are you just clicking the play button on the NOW TV website? If the helper app doesn't open it may not be installed properly, try downloading it again from here

https://help.nowtv.com/article/download-now-tv-player

The alternative is  to download the dedicated NOW TV app from the Windows Store and try using that instead

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/p/now-tv/9wzdncrdm157

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

Windows 10 S Mode isn’t Safe Mode; it’s a lightweight version of Windows 10 aimed largely at the education sector.

It can only run apps from the MS Store, and it can only use the Edge browser.

So it would be odd if it can’t run NowTV from the MS Store - does the message you are getting actually say that you can’t do it, or is it actually saying that is all you can do?

S Mode is a one-way street, so I can’t put my Windows 10 laptop into this mode, in order to see what you are seeing, alas.

But it is possible, via a setting in the MS Store, to cancel S Mode, and switch to standard Windows 10 for free. Though whether you can, or whether you should, depends on the circumstances in which you have this laptop in S Mode, and whether it belongs to you, or has to stay in S mode to be used in a school or college setting, or similar considerations.

But regardless of all that, you should be able to download NowTV from the MS Store while in S Mode, so try again.

And if you still can’t, it would be very useful if you could post a screenshot of the error message here. Which your local geek should be able to show you how to do, if you don’t know yourself.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ah thanks for the clarifications on S mode 🙂

I'd love to send a screenshot but I get (another!!) message below the chat box saying I don't have permission to upload images 😤 and I can't find a similar image on the web.

Maybe I should turn s mode off, but its about the principle now of the app not working!

ukbobboy
Legend

@RoyB @Anonymous User 

Guys

I just bought myself a Win 10 laptop, what the ?*****@@? have I got myself into?

Crying Emoji.jpg

(Miserably drunk) UK Bob

RoyB
Legend

@ukbobboy 

Compared with earlier version of Windows, the sunlit uplands 🤩😍🥳

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RoyB wrote:

But regardless of all that, you should be able to download NowTV from the MS Store while in S Mode, so try again.

There is no App on the MS Store for Windows now, just for Xbox.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have same problem. Tried everything. I tried downloading from microsoft app store but huge problems as it asks me to link to a "device". Only device I have is my windows 10 laptop.  Tried signing into a microsoft account. Going all round the houses and back again. Ludicrous.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I had the same problem you have to download the Now Tv player which Microsoft won’t let you do for security reasons so go into control panel and let incoming apps from other devices then go back and download the player app and you will be good to go all the best