cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV player on pc have sound no picture.

i have started to use now tv on pc again using mozilla web browser everything downloaded and installed fine but the problem is dspite having sound i have no picture can anyone out please help solve this problem

68 REPLIES 68
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi ,

well here i am yet again, gues what im going to tell you now. Yep you guessed it correctly people.

i have had this problem with the online nowtv player, i get the sound and NO Picture, that is all the problem is nothing else.

I have been chasing and chasing and chasing and chasing the  poor service team for ages on the fix.

all i get is - we are sorry about the delay and we are working on a fix to yoru problem.

MMMMM really i think its been a good 17 weeks at a push now some were arount that mark, and still there so called software development team have still found a fix to the online nowtv player - ( No Picture the sound is there ) and yet they can,t fix.

come on its only a picture not working, you can,t solve this simple thing. Makes you look silly in front of real IT Proffessionals, as you can,t even provide the picture viewer to a service ie /// wait for it //// A streaming onlien tv service and what does that require from a mulit million pound company in order to provide tv or paid membership -------------  mmmmm let me think...

Oh yes its just come to me - a sofware online player that lets you view picutes lamo, yes thats what it was after weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks of no fix and this weeks i still don,t have a fix from now tv.

Im sorry you can,t even fix a tv viewer to view your own tv sercice thas embarresing for ((( NOW TV ))))) you see what i did there NOW ((( TV )))), and yet a good 17 weeks and you can,nt fix it.

no one tells you what your team have been doing all this time, no one updates me or keeps me up to date. But i guess its easy to just ignore people when you sitting behind a pc screen than having to deal with a real person in front of you, its easy to ignore emails and messages.

Modern day generation you are poor at your jobs, poor service, poor interations with customers you take moeny from month and month out.

You gettng a very bad name for your self at nowtv for online customer service very poor indeed.

And still no fix in sight, makes you wonder what the managers and ceo of nowtv are actually doing about this, i bet they have tv when they go home aftwr work all day, i bet nowtv pesonal have tv when they go home.

so my main questin is what the heck have nowtv actaully been dong in 17 weeks on me wating, what have you really been doing day to day on this player not working tell me, what you so called proffessionals have been doing, because no one seems to know what you have been doing.

terrible service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Incase anyone else happens to stumble on this, I was getting the same problem too. Blank screen with sound when trying to watch something on my pc on Now TV. I uninstalled the Now TV Player and tried to reinstall it, it wouldn't let me reinstall. It said i'd three Now TV processes running that I needed to close first, but all of my Now TV applications were closed. So I went into Task Manager and seen that there were indeed three NOW TV processes running, I closed them all in Task Manager manually and the Now TV Player then seemed to install and run fine with the picture working.

I'm guessing though that people are getting sound and no picture on their pc's because some Now TV processes are likely running in the background without their knowledge. Go into Task Manager and close them all manually, then try watching whatever it is you want to watch on the Now TV Player, my guess is it'll work.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any help would be most appreciated for us all.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I installed an update, it's been fixed. However PR-like that's not the way to do it NOW. Even a small e-mail about a new update to fix a no video issue could go a long way when it comes to keep customers. Not me checking forum again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh NOW TV, I do understand as probably most of us here that the technical difficulties are not the fault of someone managing the forum. But how many people had those issues who didn't come here? You fixed it and provided us with a new upgrade in just a matter of 4+ days. Great.

But what are we supposed to think about you? At least please just don't get us a new upgrade before Sunday and Monday night 😉 Thanks for a fix, f-k ups happen to anyone, just try to communicate about the issues with people who pay your salaries more often and maybe more direct. Wishing you all the best for yours and my effing entertainment sake. I wouldn't want to resign from your services but if situations like that will repeat... you do undestand. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just incase anyone else has the same issue, for me, the store download still had the same issue: I guess it might be that store has cached the download somewhere on my machine. However, the download from here: https://help.nowtv.com/article/watching-now-tv-on-windows

worked fine.

Thanks for sorting it NowTV. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

signed up so i could watch the walking dead- but it wont play - i get a still every 3 seconds - and pixilated - and i get sound but no moving image- - pity as was going to sign up permently and not bother with sky anymore as only need for fox--- i will now be reconsidering- been trying to watch episode 2 for a week now 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue - latest version of the Player and black screen.  All that after signing up for a game that wasn't broadcast....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does anyone know what is happening with nowv not working on my pc.

anyone at all,  help

sick of this 5 weeks with no picture it worked fine then updates and software and it no longer works and no one knows why, how ebarresing for nowtv.

so now im taking my complaint else where, im being ignored on my problem. Nowtv don,t know how to solve software problems its clear to me now.

sick of waiting for people, who say they get back to me and do nothing - nowtv,s support sucks

Why do Java, Silverlight, Adobe Acrobat and other plugins no longer work?

Beginning in Firefox version 52 released March 7, 2017, installed NPAPI plugins are no longer supported in Firefox, except for Adobe Flash. Some of the plugins that will no longer load in Firefox, even though they may be installed on your computer, include Java, Microsoft Silverlight and Adobe Acrobat. See this compatibility document for details.

Over the past few years, Firefox has implemented various Web APIs so that websites can do the same things they’ve always done without plugins, so you will most likely not notice any change to your browsing experience.